There isn’t much time left for Tony Khan to fill out the card for the ROH Final Battle pay-per-view on Dec. 10, so he used tonight’s (Dec. 2) episode of
ROH AEW Rampage to set up two more matches for the card.
First up is Swerve in our Glory vs. Shane Taylor & JD Griffey. Taylor is a former ROH TV champion and ex-partner of Lee who made a surprise appearance to issue the challenge. Lee doesn’t know if he can trust Swerve Strickland, but it looks like they’ll be teaming up at least one more time.
Later in the show, a Juice Robinson promo video aired. He explained who he is and then challenged Samoa Joe to a ROH TV title match at Final Battle. The AEW commentary team then confirmed that Robinson is All Elite, which means he’s officially signed with AEW and on the roster. Robinson and Toni Storm are an item, so now they’ll be working together in AEW.
Assuming both of these matches are made official for Final Battle, that will give us the following lineup:
• Chris Jericho (c) vs. Claudio Castagnoli for the ROH World championship
• Mercedes Martinez (c) vs. Athena for the ROH Women’s World championship
• Daniel Garcia (c) vs. Wheeler Yuta for the ROH Pure title
• Samoa Joe vs. Juice Robinson for the ROH TV championship
• Swerve in our Glory vs. Shane Taylor & JD Griffey
What do you think about Juice Robinson and Shane Taylor showing up in AEW tonight, Cagesiders?