Here’s a place to check the results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way live from Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.
Tonight’s episode features an AEW world title eliminator match between Jon Moxley and “Daddy Magic” Matt Menard. This match was a late addition to the card after Wheeler Yuta was pulled from the event due to his double booking with New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Also advertised: Wardlow vs. The Kingdom’s Matt Taven for the TNT title, Madison Rayne vs. Tay Melo, and much more!
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR OCT. 28
- Rampage kicks off with Jon Moxley vs. Matt Menard in an AEW world championship eliminator match.
- Jon Moxley defeats Matt Menard. After withstanding Mox’s initial onslaught, Menard temporarily gained the advantage after Angelo Parker interfered behind the ref’s back. Moxley came back by catching Menard in a cutter. He then nailed him with a superplex, before following up with an ankle lock. Parker runs in the ring and catches a cutter too, but it gives Menard the opening to ram Moxley into the corner buckle. Menard goes to stomp Jon’s head in, but Mox counters and transitions into a rear naked sleeper for the tap out victory.
- Stokely Hathaway comes out after the match is over. He challenges Mox to step in the ring with The Firm’s Lee Moriarty next week. Stokely throws to a video hyping Lee’s new nickname of “Tiger Style.” Mox says Moriarty just made the biggest mistake of his career. He’ll see Lee next week, and he won’t ever be the same again.
- A Wold title eliminator tournament is coming again, with the finals taking place at Full Gear. Dante Martin is announced for the tournament.
- Jade Cargill is working out and talking trash about Nyla Rose. She’s gonna whoop that ass and take back her TBS title from the thief.
- Keith Lee defeats Serpentico. Lee no sells a chop, then hoists this fool up for a powerbomb and gets the win in maybe less than 20 seconds?
- Tony Schiavone tries to interview Lee after the match, but The Acclaimed interrupt. They say Daddy Ass is missing and suspect Swerve is behind it. They want answers from Lee, but he knows nothing. Swerve appears on the video screen. He says he loves horror movies. Daddy Ass is tied to a chair behind him. Swerve blames their last tag title loss on Daddy Ass interference and says he won’t be there to ruin the rematch. Swerve threatens to cut off Daddy’s fingers with pliers and proceeds to use that weapon to do something very painful to his hands. Daddy Ass screams out in horror as he is being tortured. The Acclaimed run off, and Keith Lee has no idea what’s going on.
- Tay Melo defeats Madison Rayne. They go back and forth for a bit before Melo gains the advantage with a backbreaker on the top buckle. Rayne comes back with a desperation DDT. She follows up with a neckbreaker for a two count. She charges in but eats Tay’s boot in the corner. Madison climbs up top and crashes down with Melo’s head in a cutter. They trade blows in the corner. Melo gets the better of it by landing a pump knee strike. She then hits the Tay-KO for the pin fall victory. Melo and Guevara kiss after the match is over.
- Ethan Page is interviewed backstage. He talks trash on MJF, crediting The Firm for all of MJF’s success. Page says he is entered into the World title eliminator tournament.
- Mike Tyson is returning to AEW to join the commentary team on Rampage next week.
- Mark Henry interviews Wardlow and Matt Taven ahead of their TNT title match, which is coming up next.
- Wardlow defeats Matt Taven to retain the TNT championship. Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett tried their best to interfere and distract Wardlow to give Taven the upperhand. Taven rammed Wardlow’s knee into the ring steps and continued to work it over. Wardlow catches Taven in the F-10 and then puts him down with a lariat. Taven is spiked down with a modified chokeslam. He goes for the pwoerbomb, but Kanellis causes a distraction. It doesn’t matter, as Taven eats the first powerbomb of the symphony. Wardlow gives four total powerbombs before winning with a foot on the chest for the pin.
- Bennett comes in after the match and goes after Wardlows bad leg. Samoa Joe immediately comes out for the save. He punches the hell out of Bennett and tosses his ass out of the ring. Out comes Powerhouse Hobbs. He walks down to the ring. The Embassy attack Wardlow and Joe from behind. Hobbs enters and elbows Wardlow into the head. He then puts Wardlow down with a spinebuster. Hobbs holds up the TNT title and Brian Cage holds up the ROH TV title as Rampage goes off the air.