Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Wolstein Center in Cleveland, Ohio (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s Beach Break episode of Rampage is billed as “Championship Friday.” That’s because Jurassic Express will defend the AEW world tag team titles against Private Party, and Jade Cargill will defend the TBS title against Julia Hart.
We’ll also see Jon Moxley back in the ring, this time taking on Anthony Bowens of The Acclaimed.
Finally, Brock Anderson and Lee Johnson will team up to battle FTR.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR JAN. 28
- Rampage kicks off with Jon Moxley making his entrance for a match against Anthony Bowens. Max Caster rips on Moxley’s book and foul mouth during The Acclaimed’s entrance rap.
- Max Caster occasionally interferes in the match to give Bowens the upperhand. Late in the fight, Bowens nails a superplex but Moxley kicks out of the pin attempt. Mox tosses Bowens over the top rope onto Caster, and then dives through the ropes to take Max out. Bowens traps Mox in a twisting DDT on his way back into the ring. Mox and Bowens get into a striking battle, which Mox wins with an open palm strike. He follows up with a piledriver and elbows to the skull. Bowens comes back with the Claim to Fame. Jon is on his knees begging for Bowens to hit him. Anthony fools the ref with a boombox and then tries to hit Mox with a chain, but it doesn’t work out. Moxley puts him away with the Paradigm Shift. Jon Moxley defeats Anthony Bowens.
- After the match is over, Bryan Danielson is shown backstage watching Moxley’s win on a monitor.
- Nyla Rose cuts a promo on Ruby Soho. They are wrestling Wednesday on Dynamite.
- Andrade barges into Sting’s locker room and instead finds Darby Allin there. He asks Darby where his boss is and has a contract in hand. Allin laughs off Andrade and says he’s lost his mind. Darby’s dignity is not for sale. He tells Andrade to get lost and then grabs a bat to defend himself just in case. Andrade walks off and says he needs to talk to Darby’s boss.
- FTR vs. Lee Johnson & Brock Anderson get their entrances cut, and we’re right into the action. Johnson is diving all over the place in the early going. FTR takes over and works Lee over for a while. Brock makes the hot tag and goes after both members of FTR. The numbers game eventually catches up to him, until he tags Lee back in. Brock hits a DDT on Wheeler and Johnson follows up with a top rope splash, but Wheeler gets his foot on the rope during the pin. Arn Anderson decides to smash Tully Blanchard in the neck. Meanwhile FTR does their thing and hit a spike pilderiver on Johnson for the win. FTR defeats Brock Anderson & Lee Johnson.
- Mercedes Martinez and Thunder Rosa cut promos on each other. They will wrestle next week on Rampage.
- There’s a quick hype video for Serena Deeb.
- Next up is Jade Cargill defending the TBS title against Julia Hart. Hart is wrestling with an eyepatch due to Malakai Black’s mist. Cargill catches Hart in a spinning backbreaker and does push-ups and sit-ups to show off. Julia rolls her up from behind for a near fall. Cargill withstands a bit more offense before landing a pump kick. She follows up with Jaded for the win. Jade Cargill defeats Julia Hart to retain the TBS championship.
- Mark Henry interviews Jurassic Express, Christian, Matt, Hardy, and Private Party ahead of the tag team championship main event match. Jungle Boy is sick of people threatening to pound his ass. Jurassic Express vs. Private Party is up next.
- The Ass Boys (Colten & Austin Gunn) are sitting in the front row watching the match. Andrade also has an eye on the match. Private Party hits Gin & Juice right off the bat on Jungle Boy while he still has the belt around his waist. Jungle Boy avoids further double team offense and makes the tag to Luchasaurus. Private Party clears the ring at the sight of the dinosaur. Matt Hardy and The Blade trip up Luhcasaurus, and they bail when Christian rushes to the scene. Later on the fight, Luchasaurus finally tags Jungle Boy back in. He attacks both members of Private Party, tossing them onto each other on the outside. Boy follows up with multiple dives to the outside, taking the heels out all by himself. All four men are in the ring. While sitting on Luchasaurus’ shoulders, Boy counters Kassidy’s attempt at a top rope crossbody. Party comes back with the Silly String on the big man. Jungle Boy catches Kassidy in the Snare Trap, but Quen breaks it up with a Shooting Star Press. They go for Gin & Juice one more time, but Jungle turns it into a Canadian Destroyer. Jurassic Express then executes their tandem offense to win the match. Jurassic Express defeats Private Party to retain the AEW world tag team titles.
- The Gunn Club hits the ring as soon as the match is over. They crack Boy over the head with the tag titles. There’s a belt shot for Luchasaurus too. Billy and his Ass Boys stand tall in the middle of the ring holding the AEW tag titles as Rampage goes off the air.