Just some randomized thoughts after AEW All Out provided me with a great reminder that I love pro wrestling and everything it can be:
- This was the greatest night in the history of our sport
- AEW All Out 2021 is one of the best shows of the past decade, probably past two decades, maybe past three decades.
- Kenny Omega is an insanely talented wrestler who was having a better match with Christian Cage than it seemed like because the crowd was kind of tired by that point, and rightfully so
- Adding Bryan Danielson, Adam Cole, and Ruby Soho pretty much solidifies the fact that AEW has the best roster of any wrestling promotion on Earth right now
- Hearing the crowd sing along with Jungle Boy’s theme song, Tarzan Boy, is still incredibly fun and obviously always will be until the end of time
- CM Punk looked absolutely incredible considering the dude hasn’t wrestled a match in seven freaking years
- Still kind of wanted Sting to hit him with a Scorpion Death Drop while Punk had his back turned to him, because I’m still a Sting mark and whatever I don’t need to explain this to you, I just liked the idea in the moment, okay?
- If Britt Baker had a run through NXT a couple years ago, folks would treat her like they treat the Four Horsewomen. She’s absolutely a huge star in the making
- The Young Bucks and Lucha Brothers had maybe the greatest steel cage match of all time, and definitely the best one I’ve seen in many, many years
- Even the people I generally feel like I could do without, personally speaking, are doing entertaining things worth watching, and it’s just so refreshing that that’s the case. I never outright want to run away from my fandom while watching AEW, let alone change the channel
- God, I just love pro wrestling so much right now
Okay, that’s all.
You go ahead now.