AEW rolled into Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City for yesterday’s episode of Dynamite, where they also taped tomorrow night’s (Sept. 24) special two hour Grand Slam episode of Rampage.
- CM Punk defeated Powerhouse Hobbs via GTS. Punk was back wearing trunks for this one (as opposed to his long pants from All Out). Not surprisingly, there were a lot of chants for Hook.
- The Super Kliq (Adam Cole & The Young Bucks) defeated Christian Cage and Jurassic Express in a trios match. Luchasaurus was pinned after taking a series of the heels’ signature moves. This was said to be the second best match of the taping, only behind Dynamite’s Omega vs. Danielson.
- Men of the Year (Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page) defeated Chris Jericho and Jake Hager. Afterwards, American Top Team member (and UFC star) Jorge Masvidal knocked Jericho out with a running knee. Masvidal’s involvement got one of the biggest pops of the night. American Top Team also attacked Tony Khan on stage, but it’s not clear if that part will make television.
- Sammy Guevara and Fuego del Sol were ambushed by Miro during Sammy’s cue card schtick. This ended with Miro putting Sammy out with the Game Over submission hold.
- Lucha Bros, Santana, and Ortiz defeated Butcher, Blade, and Private Party in an 8-man tag team match.
- Penelope Ford defeated Anna Jay with an assist from The Bunny and brass knuckles. Afterwards, the Hardy Family Office members were chased off by Tay Conti, Kris Statlander, Orange Cassidy, and the entire Dark Order. There was an angle where Evil Uno and Stu Grayson walked out on the rest of the Dark Order.
- Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston defeated Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer in a Lights Out match. The match was said to be rushed, including Suzuki’s entrance. The finish saw Moxley get handcuffed, only to be saved by Homicide. Kingston then picked up the pin over Archer. The crowd was super into Eddie.
Will you be checking out Rampage on Friday night?