Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
AEW Road to Homecoming hyped Malakai Black versus Cody Rhodes, Miro defending the TNT title, and Chris Jericho wrestling Juventud Guerrera as the third labour from MJF.
Black provided good insight into his motivations. The awkward truth is that Cody is smart, strong, accomplished, obsolete, outdated, and getting to the point that is sinful still trying to be a top player. Black’s message was that it is time for Cody to quit. He wants Cody to be okay as he goes home to raise his family. Black claims that fans want unprecedented levels of violence, and he will give them a better hero. It sounds to me like Black should take a meeting with Dario Cueto.
Miro pretty much shared the same message of previous promos edited together. Lee Johnson will not be the one to take Miro’s divine right to the TNT title. Big Shotty believes he is ready to rise to the occasion. He will rely on guidance from the Nightmare Family to shock the world. God has chosen Johnson to expose Miro as a false prophet.
Chris Jericho had one of the hardest matches of his career against Nick Gage. Jericho will pass the next test of Juventud, because he has to win to get the opportunity to wrestle MJF, even if it kills him.
It is interesting to note that Jericho was the man who unmasked Juvi. They had a title versus mask match at Superbrawl VIII in WCW. Here’s a glimpse of the action.
In the end, Jericho countered a hurricanrana into a Liontamer submission. Juventud will be using that moment as motivation for payback. The Juice will also be dedicating the match to Eddie Guerrero.
#TheJuiceisback 2 @aewontnt @allelitewrestling @the_mjf I GOT THIS !!!— ¨ THE JUICE ¨ is THE MAKER (@JUVENTUDGUERRE2) August 1, 2021
@chrisjerichofozzy #TheJuice Is JUICY THAN EVER !!!
I See U Next Wednesday #AEW #whenthejuicesaisothejuicemakeso Thank U #Juicyfam we make this posible #LETSGETJUICY #JUVY #JUVY #JUVY pic.twitter.com/jzPlTf69nm
Serena Deeb addressed her current injury status. She tried fighting through knee pain, but that took its toll. Deeb turned her discomfort into a promo explaining why she is the best. She has the old-school mentality of pushing through adversity. Deeb is always looking to improve and will show why she is the top wrestler. She towed that tweener line of hard truths and confidence. I know I’ll be rooting for her upon return.
Being the Elite
“The Elite Squad” - Being The Elite, Ep. 267 (here) featured:
- Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks were in the locker room celebrating their win over Hangman Page and the Dark Order. They should feel happier than they are, but something was off. Nick Jackson theorized that they took away the big PPV main event from the fans. Do they feel bad about it? Nope, not at all.
- Nick wanted to know why Brandon Cutler violated their orders to put Dark Order on BTE last week. As punishment, Nick demanded that Cutler cheat every week and like it too.
- Matt Jackson brushed his hair on the moving walkway inside the airport.
- Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy helped Wheeler Yuta with tape study of his match against Darby Allin.
- Leva Bates and Peter Avalon shared a scene dubbed in Japanese. Avalon admitted that he hasn’t moved on, but Bates wasn’t interested. Abadon showed up inside the TV like one of those horror movies.
- Ryan Nemeth used his cream for a Dream Cream Xtreme infomercial.
- The Elite practiced their Space Jam entrance. Highlights of the match followed.
There’s pretty much nothing of value from this episode of BTE to enhance your viewing pleasure for tonight’s Dynamite.