Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
AEW Road to Fyter Fest Night 1 hyped Christian Cage versus Matt Hardy, Darby Allin versus Ethan Page in a Coffin Match, and Jon Moxley defending the NJPW US title against Karl Anderson.
The most interesting segment was for Hardy and Christian. It opened with cool classic footage from back in the day. Christian pointed out their competitive nature, then Hardy mentioned noticing Christian always trying to one up him. Christian’s return wasn’t for nostalgia. He came to AEW to win championships. Christian said he hoped to leave the past in the past, but he conveniently ignored that he is the reason for the feud reigniting after double-crossing Hardy in the battle royal. Hardy will ensure that it will be a fair fight without needing HFO, and he will end Christian’s disrespect by kicking his ass.
Allin spoke a little about his history with Page, but it didn’t provide much new information. Anderson’s profile showcased his history in NJPW. It is a nice briefer for those not familiar with his accolades.
Frankie Kazarian is back with another Elite Hunter promo. He lost the numbers game on Dynamite, but it doesn’t matter. He knows what he is getting himself into. Kaz promises that he will keep coming to hurt the Elite where it counts the most.
Anthony Ogogo had his tenth eye surgery recently. He may be out for now, but the Guvnor hasn’t lost his wit to insult.
I’ve got stitches coming out of my beak & freshly operated on, & severely bruised, orbit & septum. And I still look better than 99% of the indie shit-bags that wanna call themselves professional athletes. Even when it’s mashed up #TheGuvnor is the face & future of pro wrestling! pic.twitter.com/e4RzrAgP5y— Anthony Ogogo (@AnthonyOgogo) July 5, 2021
When Ogogo returns, he will serve his wrath onto Billy Gunn. The Guvnor is going to make Billy’s life a living misery as he punishes the Gunn sons.
Top Flight was the latest guest on Outside the Ring with Lexy Nair (here). They discussed SpongeBob and Everybody Hates Chris as their favorite TV shows, speed as the biggest strength, and focus as the biggest weakness.
Check out Cagesider Zak B running down the top highlights (here) of Elevation.
Being the Elite
“BTE Is So Much Better Without Dark Order!” - Being The Elite, Ep. 264 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks traveled to Miami for a travel vlog. The bright spot is that the Dark Order is out of the show. As heels, the Bucks can share their true feelings. They hate doing BTE and don’t know why they continue with it.
- The Bucks and Brandon Cutler shopped until they dropped at a Nike store.
- Someone sent Ryan Nemeth a creamy beverage that made him go insane.
- Leva Bates confessed that she doesn’t know what the Dewey Decimal System is. She also doesn’t like being quiet as a librarian. The scene continued with Serpentico whispering a sick and twisted confession to Ryzin.
- Kenny Omega was disappointed that the Elite shaved their mustaches. Omega ranted irately, but he still loves them.
- Peter Avalon and Leva Bates had a discussion dubbed in Spanish for a telenovela. Avalon wanted to apologize, but Bates didn’t have time.
- Omega was going to shave his stache, but he was called to stage.
- Highlights of the Bucks street fight versus Eddie Kingston and Pentagon.
- The Bucks were tender after the street fight. Matt jammed his neck, and Nick was sore. Nick found a thumbtack stuck in his leg later in the evening. Matt read off the Dynamite ratings as he received them. Viewership was down 7%. Nick replied, “Oops.”
This was supposedly an old-school travel vlog BTE. There was not much relevant material worth discussing toward Dynamite. Since this BTE episode stunk, let’s check over with the Dark Order on Sammy Guevara’s vlog (here).
Sammy welcomed the Dark Order with open arms to build viewers. The good vibes quickly derailed when the vlog crew said they don’t do drugs and didn’t appreciate the Jungle Boy/Griff Garrison jokes. 5 exploded with anger and insulted his Dark Order homies, except the cool cowboy Hangman Page. Sammy tried to smooth things over, because he thought Fuego del Sol was off the tour. All of a sudden, Fuego returned, so Sammy kicked the Dark Order out. That scene was ten times better than anything on BTE this week. Come for the Dark Order and stay for Sammy and Cody Rhodes roaring like cats.
We’ll close with some amusing artwork from last week’s Road Rager.