Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite.
Reminder, Dynamite airs Saturday night this week at 8 pm ET on TNT.
One persistent topic of discussion among AEW fans is whether or not Cody Rhodes will stay true to never again challenge for the AEW World Championship. That was the self-imposed stipulation Cody put up prior to his loss to Chris Jericho. Cody confirmed that he will keep his word.
I appreciate these sentiments - but lest we forget I had my shot, and I came up short. Considering I’m on such a great run and in the prime of my career, it gnaws at me but I gave my word.— Cody (@CodyRhodes) June 17, 2021
Speaking of the title, we’re circling a huge match between JB & Kenny. 6/26 on @tntdrama https://t.co/eUJDMD6OJD
Like a true professional, Cody managed to use his answer to hype Kenny Omega defending the world title against Jungle Boy on Saturday night Dynamite.
MJF really angered people with his cheap shot punch to Dean Malenko. Thunder Rosa wants a piece, but MJF isn’t worried.
AEW doesn’t dabble much in intergender wrestling, so this will have to remain a fantasy match for now. Once the AEW video game rolls around, that matchup is on.
Jade Cargill’s latest sponsor is Ringside Collectibles. Mark Sterling’s monetization plan is paying off.
We are elated to join the Jade Brand!— Ringside Collectibles (@RingsideC) June 21, 2021
Listen to @Jade_Cargill, use Code ‘THATB’ to take 10% Off at https://t.co/u2iD9lOk4l! #TeamJade
Thanks @MarkSterlingEsq! #RingsideCollectibles #AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/iKDRSQswFj
Sterling also scored a deal with the AEW shop for 10% off on Cargill’s merch. Use the code THATB.
Bear Country were the latest guests of Outside the Ring with Lexy Nair (here). Boulder’s favorite foods are lollipops and marshmallows. In the debate for best french fries, Boulder prefers McDonald’s, Checkers, and Taco Bell nacho fries. Bronson went with Wendy’s and Five Guys. In a stunning turn of events, Bear Country failed all the bear trivia questions.
Being the Elite
“Trip” - Being The Elite, Ep. 261 (here) featured:
- Luke Gallows had a 69 jersey for sex. When discussing the game plan for trios action, Nick Jackson said he would come in to help cheat. Karl Anderson loves cheating.
- Ryan Nemeth interviewed -1. Brodie Jr. insulted Nemeth’s style.
- Nick Jackson’s trick shots this week were throwing fish to a seal.
- Leva Bates approached Peter Avalon. He had a book to gift her, but he misplaced it. Alex Reynolds handed her Avalon’s book playing it off as his own gift. Cezar Bononi was sweaty and breathing heavy. He gave Avalon the Kama Sutra book. That led to a misunderstanding of Bates thinking Avalon wanted to give her that sex book. Bates left with Reynolds, and Avalon was all alone.
- Marko Stunt celebrated his BTE Championship win by sitting on a chair inside a kiddie pool. Next week will determine the #1 contender.
- Dark Order and Hangman Page were filming a movie scene with banana guns and ghosts. 10 brought out a special batch of drugs. 10 tripped and tossed the powder in everyone’s face. The Dark Order and Hangman just consumed a year’s worth of drugs. They started freaking out.
- Highlight footage from the Matt Jackson & Good Brothers versus Pentagon, Eddie Kingston, & Frankie Kazarian.
- Back to the Dark Order in a drug haze. They each hallucinated nightmare or dream scenarios. Stu Grayson fantasized about Anna Jay and ended up in his underwear in a train yard. Hangman imagined receiving the AEW world title. 5 entered seeing the crew looking like tweakers, so he bounced out.
- Nyla Rose, Vickie Guerrero, and Ryzin played a drinking game. Vickie suggested the card game Uno. Evil Uno happened to be walking in the background when Nyla expressed her hatred for the game Uno. Evil Uno thought she was speaking about him and did the sad walk. Nyla suggested the ouija game, but she mispronounced the word. They asked the board to determine a squad name. Amen was the answer. They chose to create an acronym for Angelic Ministries of Embezzling Negotiations.
- HFO did the slow speed strut down the hallway. Matt Hardy spoke about his plan to give Christian Cage a retirement check. The value was $70,465. If Christian doesn’t go home for good, then Hardy will send him home for good
- Nemeth was back with Hollywood Trivia. Trent was the contestant. In Taco Bell’s web series, “Taco Tales,” who played the hunky grandson? Trent knew the answer, because Nemeth texted it to him. Trent mouthed off about Nemeth’s repeat skit and almost brought Nemeth to tears.
The one scene with the most intrigue was Hangman’s world title hallucination.
After Hangman brushed aside an interview question on Dynamite in regard to chasing the gold, this scene could be the impetus to push him confidently toward the challenge. Keep in mind that this is BTE, so it might amount to nothing.
We’ll close with new t-shirts for Kris Statlander, Frankie Kazarian, Santana & Ortiz, and Justin Roberts.
There are also 4th of July patriotic color designs for Sting, Orange Cassidy, Dark Order, and Jon Moxley.