Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite.
Reminder, Dynamite airs Friday night this week at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The big story of the day for AEW was the announcement of a show in New York City on September 22. AEW put out an advertisement with an amusing appearance from Orange Cassidy.
. @TonyKhan announced this morning on @WFAN660 that @AEW is coming to NYC, Wednesday September 22nd to the USTA Arthur Ashe Stadium.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) June 16, 2021
Tickets on sale Friday, July 16 10am Eastern
For more information - https://t.co/0mgMk46VaC pic.twitter.com/YwC5pvLxEO
Joey Janela has found new motivation to hit the gym. He wants to look good for Bad Boy Summer.
Putting in work at the gym, but it’s absolutely not for the professional wrestling business or the creepy mainstream loser wrestling fans who have body shamed me for years, it’s for going down the shore and maximizing the potential of women who want to experience BAD BOY SUMMER! pic.twitter.com/ZGI2Nn7HBd— “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) June 10, 2021
Janela also addressed Sonny Kiss dumping him as a tag partner on Dark to ask for another chance.
This is all @alexmarvez fault and after a few skinny margaritas he now has come to terms with that.— “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) June 16, 2021
Alex is a great friend but he’s not my BFF @SonnyKissXO is AND Sonny we need to talk this out!!! Please give me another chance!!!
Let’s just have a talk! Please https://t.co/zygkoOvh15
QT Marshall’s wish was granted to whip Cody Rhodes’ butt. The strap match is scheduled for July 7. Cody clarified that it will be four corners rules.
Isiah Kassidy has a new nickname.
Isiah "TAP" Kassidy— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) June 16, 2021
Referee Aubrey Edwards was the guest for Outside the Ring with Lexy Nair (here). Interesting tidbits include Edwards’ desired superpower is to slow down time, she prefers shopping online so she doesn’t have to wear pants, and the hedgehog being her spirit animal.
Being the Elite
“You Broke My Face!” - Being The Elite, Ep. 260 (here) featured:
- Hollywood Trivia with Luchasaurus. Who played the hunky lifeguard in a recent Xfinity commercial starring Amy Poehler? Luchasaurus failed to answer Ryan Nemeth. The Hunk mashed Luchasaurus’ chess pieces in frustration.
- The Young Bucks were backstage observing Kenny Omega’s Impact World Championship bout against Moose. They ran in to interfere with superkicks.
- Brandon Cutler shined the tag title belts and toothbrushed the Bucks’ sneakers.
- Nick Jackson made a rim bouncing trick shot.
- The Bucks and Omega went to a photo shoot for Rampage. Cutler’s broken face was officially cleared. Photo shoot music montage.
- Footage from the Bucks & Cutler in trios action against PAC, Pentagon, & Eddie Kingston. Cut to Cutler doing 5,000 squats in the dojo as punishment for losing.
- Nemeth and JD Drake overheard odd noises coming from Peter Avalon and Cezar Bononi. From behind, it appeared as Avalon performing oral pleasure on Bononi. It turned out that Bononi was feeding Avalon sushi, since Avalon didn’t know how to use chopsticks.
- Cutler defended the BTE Championship against Marko Stunt. The contest was best of 10 shots on the mini basketball hoop. Stunt sank 3 out of 10. Cutler only made 2. New champion!
- Cutler continued his squats.
- Double ball trick shot from Nick.
- Cutler rolled up on the Bucks ambushing PAC in the hallway. PAC was left a crumpled mess on the floor. Cutler didn’t appreciate the Bucks hurting people. Their antics weren’t fun anymore.
The takeaway is the final scene of violence. PAC is a tough bastard to put down. Whatever the Young Bucks did must have been extreme. The big question is if it will affect PAC on Friday night Dynamite in the 8-man tag. PAC will be joining Pentagon, Eddie Kingston, and Frankie Kazarian to do battle with the Bucks and the Good Brothers.
Apparently, there was supposed to be a Dark Order scene on BTE, but it experienced technical difficulties.
outrageous, preposterous, amateur hour bush league stuff. this was the bit where colt made daily’s place disappear? we should make a whole damn movie and show brandon how it’s done. im talking a western, but spooky. and sexy. a spooky sexy western with a robot invasion.— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) June 14, 2021
We’ll close with new merch.
Which t-shirts catch your eye?