Along with a report that the Inner Circle vs. The Pinnacle Blood & Guts match would be “super long”, there was some speculation next week’s Dynamite might be a one match show.
We’ll see how long AEW’s first War Games match ends up being, but it won’t take up the entire May 5 episode. We know that because they announced four other matches for the show during this week’s Dynamite.
Coming up next week on the #BloodAndGuts edition of #AEWDynamite!— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) April 29, 2021
- @CodyRhodes v. @realmmarshall1
- @KennyOmegamanX + @MichaelNakazawa v. @JonMoxley + @MadKing1981
- #1 Ranked @RealBrittBaker is in action
- 4-Way tag match for a World Tag Team Title shot pic.twitter.com/AYfj6OeE5l
- Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston vs. Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa in a tag match Mox & the Mad King got Don Callis to agree to by threatening to Pillman-ize the champ’s ankle.
- Cody vs. QT Marshall in a singles match set-up when Cody returned to attack his former friend tonight.
- A 4Way to decide who will challenge The Young Bucks for the AEW Tag titles on May 12, featuring SCU, The Acclaimed, Jurassic Express & Varsity Blonds. Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels have been ranked #1 for a while, and earlier in this week’s episode confronted The Bucks telling them to sign a contract for a championship match... then this was announced.
- Dr. Britt Baker, DMD will be “in action”.
With those added to the line-up, and commercials, hype for the following week’s show (also featuring Moxley vs. Yuji Nagata!), I’d guess Blood & Guts will be about 45 minutes to an hour.
But there’s only one way to find out. Join us next week!