Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
Road to AEW Dynamite hyped Hikaru Shida versus Tay Conti for the AEW Women’s Championship, Christian Cage versus Will Hobbs, and Darby Allin versus Jungle Boy for the TNT Championship.
I love a training montage. Who doesn’t? Shida delivered the goods from the beach. It was brief yet awesome. Training montages rule!
Shida also complimented Conti’s fighting spirit before giving the death stare to the camera. Shida is ready to fight. For Conti, she praised -1 as an unexpected coach. Conti believes her time is now to become champ.
Hobbs is looking to make a name for himself by hurting Christian. Powerhouse won’t stand for disrespect toward Team Taz. Christian is going to find out about that action.
Jungle Boy is receiving his second TNT title shot. Jungle Boy flaunted fancy numbers, such as most submission wins in AEW, but he realized that those numbers don’t matter without winning a championship. Jungle Boy respects Allin, but he wants to take that spot as TNT champ.
After last week’s heinous display of poor sportsmanship when the Young Bucks removed Fenix’s mask, the luchador is not taking that disrespect lightly. Fenix is interested in a mask versus hair match. Yes, please!
Cody Rhodes dropped out of the top 5 rankings, but he is taking it in stride.
♂️— Cody (@CodyRhodes) April 21, 2021
I can’t complain, it’s fiercely competitive here and these cats deserve the spots.
Gonna’ be a great 2021. DTW. https://t.co/C6ixGOyu56
Kenny Omega returned with another video game update show (here). No juicy news for the console game. Omega wants to wait for something major to announce instead of trickling minor details. The finishing move feature for the Elite General Manager mobile game was discussed. The biggest news was that Bunny will be taking over as host for future update shows.
Lexy Nair interviewed Evil Uno and Stu Grayson on Outside the Ring (here). There wasn’t much wrestling chat, although, it was silly and amusing.
Being the Elite
“The Forbidden Dior” - Being The Elite, Ep. 252 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks felt so cool in their flashy new outfits. They were a little sad that their Dior sneakers would get ruined. The Bucks commemorated the moment with a photo shoot.
- Highlights of the Bucks’ win over PAC & Fenix with a new song, “Killing the Business.”
- Cut to Alex Marvez asking Hangman Page about the Elite. 6 hours later, the Dark Order were starving waiting for Hangman’s offer of spring rolls. They were so hungry that they contemplated chowing on 5’s new unit. Colt Cabana used Uber Eats for 50 pounds of meat on the way.
- Brandon Cutler was tricked by a Bilbo Baggins sign into an ambush by Kris Statlander. She used her Darth Vader force to choke Cutler. When Cutler woke up, he was surrounded by the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy. They tried to finish the job of killing him. Cutler convinced them to do a BTE mailbag segment instead.
- BTE Mailbag. Trent stayed off BTE during rehab, so that his eventual return would be a surprise. The rest of the questions were irrelevant to wrestling. Statlander left with a parting message not to play leapfrog with a rhinoceros.
- Ryzin still had a stiffy from BlueChew. He ran around frantically backstage. Tay Conti was grossed out. Referee Mike Posey disqualified Ryzin.
- Footage played from the Elite meet and greet at The House Always Wins house show with match highlights of the Elite with MT Nakamura and Konosuke Takeshita against Death Triangle and the Sydal brothers. PAC submitted Nak with the Brutalizer.
- Cutler approached the Bucks about their new attitude. They took his advice to find themselves in a completely different direction than intended. Cutler mentioned his beatdown from Death Triangle. The Bucks missed it and didn’t care anyway. They mocked Cutler’s broken nose and orbital compound fracture from the incident. Since Cutler will be out of action for 4 to 6 months, the Bucks went heel by threatening his job security and making him the personal young boy for the Elite to do odd jobs.
- The closing animation changed to the Bucks sitting on thrones of cash.
If you enjoy watching the Young Bucks act heel, then you’ll probably enjoy the opening and closing scenes. Their new attitudes are funny yet still worth booing. Nothing like making a 20 year old Justin Timberlake reference to lose cool points. It was also a little sad to see Hangman Page leave his new friends hanging. After all the support the Dark Order has provided, Hangman did them dirty by not bringing back spring rolls.
We’ll close with merch news. Check out Cody Rhodes’ sweet new jacket.
Pre-Orders available❗️ pic.twitter.com/5gabbdKnUn— Cody (@CodyRhodes) April 15, 2021
AEW announced the latest series of action figures. I love seeing Hangman Page with a beer pitcher.
There is also a figure of Page with chaps and trunks as well as Jon Moxley with an eye patch.