Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
We’ll start with some positive news. During the Rising Star segment on Dark: Elevation, Cody Rhodes revealed that Red Velvet was not completely signed to AEW.
That has been remedied. Velvet is All Elite.
At The Crossroads @AEWonTNT event squaring off against @SHAQ & Jade...Red stepped up in a huge way! @TonyKhan saw what over a million people saw that night and upgraded her contract. She’s ALL ELITE now! Let’s stir it up my friend. pic.twitter.com/1bJ2JVx280— Cody (@CodyRhodes) March 25, 2021
MJF had an interesting interview on Inside the Ropes. He explained his motivation to form the Pinnacle and how the members aligned together. Spears was the first domino back in their gambling days. The personalities of FTR gravitated toward MJF. A stable was always on MJF’s mind, but the idea cement itself after Jon Moxley cheated to retain the AEW World Championship against MJF. Taking out the Inner Circle was the plan to clear the way to domination. As for a female member, that’s not in the plans for now, but who knows about the future.
MJF isn’t necessarily interested in a battle with the Inner Circle, because he believes the Pinnacle has already proven their superiority. A Blood & Guts type of match would be intriguing and go down as the most barbaric match in history, however, MJF is hesitant about putting himself in a sadistic state of mind for the occasion.
QT Marshall feels unappreciated, so he challenged Cody Rhodes to an exhibition match. Cody views QT as maybe his best friend, and he isn’t the only one with praise for QT. Despite recent differences, Dustin Rhodes still believes in QT.
Hey @realmmarshall1 , you're gonna be just fine pal. Stay focused and go out and show the world your wrestling ability. I have believed in you from day 1. Have fun buddy. @AEW pic.twitter.com/HXRLqL7UHN— Dustin Rhodes (@dustinrhodes) March 28, 2021
Tony Khan praised QT as probably the hardest worker in the business.
I was literally up until 6am this morning with QT putting together formats for next week. Given his training at the Nightmare Factory + his wrestling commitments, on top of all of the work he does in the office, I think he’s probably the hardest working person in this business.— Tony Khan (@TonyKhan) March 25, 2021
Christian Cage returns to the ring against Frankie Kazarian. Ring rust is a consideration in the eyes of fans, but Mr. Peep doesn’t believe in such a thing.
Being the Elite
“Contentment” - Being The Elite, Ep. 249 (here) featured:
- Private Party didn’t feel a good fit with Butcher, Blade, and Bunny. Matt Hardy reassured Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen. The conversation turned to Hardy taking the TNT title from Darby Allin. Back to the goal at hand of destroying the Dark Order. Private Party wondered how Hardy aligned with BBB anyway. Cut to Hardy recruiting Butcher, Blade, and Bunny as Broken Matt. The hook of enticement was butchering meat in different dimensions. Private Party didn’t want to be played like that, but Hardy already played them like marks using Unkillable Matt Hardy.
- Matt Jackson had his kids at the show. They played in the ring and backstage.
- Brandon Cutler brought the missing skateboard pieces. AEW’s skating aficionados put everything together as wrestlers did tricks.
- Luchasaurus and Cezar Bononi accidentally ran into each other. They shared an awkward handshake or fist bump moment. Bononi asked if they should redo the scene, but Luchasaurus declined.
- Marko Stunt wanted to be a first in AEW. Stunt planned to be the first to break the Spanish announce table. Spanish commentator Alex Abrahantes overhead with mouth agape. He scurried away to inform Willie Urbina and Dasha Gonzalez. Stunt was in the back scouting the table, so they chased him away with weapons.
- Dark Order was disappointed about John Silver’s loss to Dardy Allin for the TNT Championship. Hangman Page already bought 60 pounds of meat to celebrate. They were also upset about Butcher and Blade grabbing their junk during the brawl. In addition, Evil Uno received a text from Doc Sampson that Silver may need a new arm. Hangman alluded to an arm donation from 5.
- Public Swole Announcement. Your mask goes over your nose.
- Silver returned with his arm in a sling as the Dark Order was ready to chainsaw 5’s limb. Silver was in sorrow then cheered up at the notion of cutting off 5’s pecker. A shrimp (dick) fell to the ground.
- Luke Gallows had his hands taped together to prevent whacking his wanger. The Good Brothers were winning, but Gallows was sexually frustrated without release.
- The Young Bucks wanted Cutler to be proud of his effort despite defeat. Cutler was taken aback. That’s not the Bucks he used to know with blunt honesty. Cutler questioned complacency about their position. Even BTE is different. Maybe Don Callis was right. When the Bucks look in the mirror, do they see their best version?
There’s not much material in this episode to carry over into Dynamite. The Young Bucks have personal drama, but that’s nothing new. They have been milking emotional issues ever since AEW began.
We’ll close with irresponsible stunting from Darby Allin.