Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
“Road to St. Patrick’s Day Slam” promoted Cody Rhodes versus Pentagon, Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston against the Good Brothers, and the lights out unsanctioned match between Thunder Rosa and Dr. Britt Baker DMD.
The only new material was a brief promo from Pentagon. Everything Cody has gained in AEW has been given. Pentagon has earned his way through fighting the best. The Lord of Lucha plans on breaking the arm of the Prince of Wrestling.
In Coach’s Corner, Arn Anderson addressed Cody’s challenge against Pentagon. Arn was pleased with Cody’s attitude to handle business in the ring. Cody is excited to swap holds with the talented luchador. Arn understood Cody’s sensitive reaction to Pentagon’s trash-talk, and he will be motivated to kick ass.
#CoachsCorner with Arn Anderson (@theArnShow) following @CodyRhodes' quick victory last night on #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/qJzz20fLZm— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) March 11, 2021
If you think that match will end in a broken arm to give Cody paternity leave, Brandi’s tweet will make you think again.
When I see people saying my husband might be taking paternity leave... pic.twitter.com/bFoADI9U8Z— Brandi Rhodes (@TheBrandiRhodes) March 11, 2021
On the Wrestling with the Week podcast hosted by Scorpio Sky and James Willems, Sky touched on his actions in attacking Darby Allin after losing the TNT title bout. That was only Sky’s second match back from injury, but he felt like he performed well. If it had been scored, Sky would have won 4 of 5 rounds as an MMA fight. As for Sky’s post-match heel hook on Allin, he plans to address that on Dynamite.
On Dark, there appeared to be a tease of tension within Team Taz. Ricky Starks and Brian Cage were not on the same page, even though they earned the win. The crux of the disagreement spilled over to Twitter.
Look at the pose. Look at the results, took too long to get the job done so I had to do it myself https://t.co/aJo7tppWaN— Ricky Starks (@starkmanjones) March 17, 2021
I work smart not hard https://t.co/xXD8mVKeHM— Ricky Starks (@starkmanjones) March 17, 2021
According to Taz, there is no tension within the ranks.
I can’t even go to Google on my phone without dealing with this, there is no tension. pic.twitter.com/GSAXEM1l5G— taz (@OfficialTAZ) March 17, 2021
Being the Elite
“Lawn Mower” - Being The Elite, Ep. 247 (here) featured:
- Christopher Daniels was telling chucklers, and Matt Jackson slapped his leg in laughter. That prompted Matt Hardy to point out the new rule, “No leg slapping while laughing.” It was a $500 fine. That was a reference to the WWE’s new edict.
- Hangman Page finally purchased his new lawnmower that he had long yearned for.
- Stu Grayson was angry about Hangman shoving him. Only Anna Jay is allowed to shove him. Hangman admitted that he is terrified of Anna and only did it to make her happy. All was forgiven. Hangman then went over all the charges Dark Order put on his credit card, which included boner pills. He forgave them since they had his back at the PPV. Colt Cabana ended up covering the cost.
- Matt Hardy and Private Party celebrated with Butcher, Blade, and Bunny. The trio declined to consume beverages, so Hardy fed Blade a grape through his mask. Hardy crushed grapes like he will crush the Dark Order.
- Maki Itoh sang her song while the Dark Order danced. She got angry at their shitty dancing.
- Ortiz was paranoid about Alex Abrahantes getting revenge. He fell asleep, and Abrahantes and the Dark Order invaded his dream. Anna Jay put Dasha Gonzalez to sleep for a makeover. Sammy Guevara was chased by a car. Santana fell for the exploding jar of seasoning trick. Abrahantes shoved his Freddy Krueger claw into Ortiz. That woke Ortiz up from A Nightmare on Elite Street.
- Ryzin, Vickie Guerrero, and Nyla Rose pilfered stuff from the locker room to sell. They beat up Fuego del Sol and took his mask.
- Hangman approached Private Party to talk sense about the contract with Hardy. Page finally paid them back the $12 he owed.
In terms of Dynamite, it will be interesting to see if Hangman successfully planted seeds of discord in Private Party’s relationship with Matt Hardy. They’ve never been pleased with Hardy’s cut of their money, but now they might be motivated to do something about it.
We’ll close with Tony Hawk doing skate tricks while wearing Darby Allin’s TNT Championship.
The new TNT champion @tonyhawk pic.twitter.com/OtbEGHeCHl— DARBY ALLIN (@DarbyAllin) March 14, 2021