Last week, AEW gave us a bunch of details about their Women’s World Championship Eliminator Tournament. They told us who the sixteen wrestlers competing for the right to challenge current titleholder Hikaru Shida are, that matches for one half of them would take place in the United States while the other half competed in Japan, and that there’ll be a Serena Deeb vs. Riho first rounder on the U.S. side.
We didn’t, however, get a bracket or any dates for when action would take place.
This morning, we got a piece of the missing information...
The #AEW women's world championship eliminator tournament kicks off as your first-round match sees @LegitLeyla take on @thunderrosa22. Who will advance to the next round?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) February 8, 2021
Watch #AEWDynamite this Wednesday night at 8/7c on @TNTDrama pic.twitter.com/HpUbdhiKgS
We don’t know who the winner of Leyla Hirsch vs. Thunder Rosa will face, as we still don’t have a bracket. But hopefully that will come along soon. Maybe we’ll also get a full schedule of first round matches at the same time?
Who knows! Here’s what we do know about the Feb. 10 Dynamite, though...
- Kenny Omega & KENTA vs. Jon Moxley & Lance Archer in an “Unsanctioned” Lights Out match
- Darby Allin (c) vs. Joey Janela for the TNT championship
- Chris Jericho & MJF vs. The Acclaimed (Max Caster & Anthony Bowens)
- Thunder Rosa vs. Leyla Hirsch in a First Round match from the United States Bracket of the Women’s World Championship Eliminator Tournament
- PAC vs. Ryan Nemeth
- Cody Rhodes & Lee Johnson vs. Peter Avalon & Cezar Bononi
See you Wednesday night.