Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
The big news of the day is that Big Show is All Elite. The giant known as Paul Wight has signed with AEW. One of the immediate questions is if he is heel or babyface. Cody Rhodes believes babyface. Cody also shared a story of receiving a reality check from the big man.
Surely that means Cody will be on the receiving end of Wight’s first AEW knockout punch.
In the pre-show before last week’s Dynamite, the Dark Order explained that they have a new purpose. 5 finally found the email Hangman Page sent to the Dark Order website. That caused Evil Uno to shift the crew’s motivation into helping others out of the darkness and putting order into lives. The babyface turn is now complete.
After Ortiz was pinned in the losing effort against the Young Bucks, he has been humbled.
I let arrogance take over last night and it got the better of me. I let our team down. One thing I always do is learn from my mistakes. Time to go back to basics and earn another shot. I'll do better thats my word.— Proud~N~Powerful Ortiz (@Ortiz_Powerful) February 18, 2021
Brian Cage is angling toward a future rivalry with Kenny Omega in a battle of machines. His desires have been noticed by the champ.
So can we start talking about the best bout between machines again? After I finish off stinger and Omega handles mox, maybe it's time to cross paths. I do know @TheDonCallis Pretty well pic.twitter.com/Y6mhJnIvSV— Brian Cage (@MrGMSI_BCage) February 22, 2021
Brian Pillman Jr. is cutting breakfast promos before his tag match with Griff Garrison against Cage and Ricky Starks. I hope Pillman turns this into a social media foodie gimmick to slyly show off his chow while spewing fighting words.
Serena Deeb is being branded as The Women of a Thousand Holds.
I’m curious if Dean Malenko is an influence as The Man of 1,000 Holds. He currently works as coach and producer for AEW.
Being the Elite
“Nepotism” - Being The Elite, Ep. 244 (here) featured:
- Young Bucks and Good Brothers were backstage after last week’s Inner Circle beatdown. The Bucks complained about Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows taking so long to get to the ring for the save. They also were annoyed that Kenny Omega was nowhere to be seen. The Good Brothers apologized for making a bathroom pit stop on the way to the ring. They had to jerk one out to settle their nerves for live TV.
- The Bucks flew into town with their parents.
- Kenny Omega played Street Fighter. He whooped ass as Sagat.
- Bunny spiked Brandon Cutler’s coffee. He was interrupted by Blade before drinking it. Blade wasn’t in on the plot and didn’t know Bunny’s plans.
- Matt Hardy and Isiah Kassidy were pleased about pounding Hangman Page’s ass. They fooled everyone into thinking there was heat after Private Party’s Impact loss. Hardy rewarded Kassidy with a VIP chain. Hardy tried to recruit referee Mike Posey then TH2 as well. Jack Evans and Angelico were intrigued but not sure if they could trust Hardy.
- The Bucks thanked Cutler for having their backs on Dynamite. They rewarded Cutler’s loyalty and friendship by booking him in a match against Jake Hager on TNT.
- Dark Order was pleased with their efforts to have Hangman Page’s back. That transitioned into admiration for the cowboy’s handsome looks and how he must have sex often. A chant of, “Hangman f—ks,” broke out. Hangman entered and joined in on the chant. Evil Uno apologized for previously putting pressure on Hangman to join. They are okay if Hangman remains solo, but they would love to be friends. Phone numbers were exchanged.
- Sammy Guevara posed naked with the BTE Championship to promote his vlog. On Sammy’s vlog, the title defense against his mom was canceled due to Texas weather.
- Cutler fell asleep in the airport again.
This episode offered plenty of material relevant to Dynamite. The wheels could be turning for Hardy to buy his own referee. It may be important to see if who gets the call to officiate Hardy’s Money Match against Hangman at the Revolution PPV on March 7. There is also the burgeoning relationship between Hangman and the Dark Order. Time for the weekly reminder that it would have been better as a TV scene, but that would have robbed us of the hilarious curse word chant. We’ll have to wait and see if this gets addressed tonight.
We’ll close with new action figures.
Available now from @ShopAEW, @AEWUnrivaled Series 2 including:— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) February 22, 2021
- #Hangman @theAdamPage
These are sure to move quickly, so don't delay and order now at https://t.co/XtpDuzX56R pic.twitter.com/r1Yscd8OnV
Dr. Britt Baker DMD has been clamoring for her own action figure for some time now, but she might be bumped in line with the arrival of Big Show.
Wait..... he’s def gonna get an action figure before me now, too.— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) February 24, 2021
Maybe Dr. Baker can cut Big Show a dental rate for him to wait his turn.