Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Wednesday night Dynamite.
MJF released a statement about Sammy Guevara quitting the Inner Circle.
February 11, 2021
Hello, I’ve just received a new phone.
I never tried to record Sammy. It was a ridiculous claim made by a desperate man with zero proof. I’ve decided not to press charges because I’m salt of the earth.
I see people congratulating Sammy for his “bravery”.
How about the fact that I valiantly wrestled with injured ribs?
Not that you plebeians care but I’ve spoken with my doctor and he feels after rehab I’ll be fine in a few weeks or so.
I wish Sammy the best of luck in his future endeavors.
As for Sammy’s reply, he blocked MJF on Twitter.
Classy move. pic.twitter.com/zB04sye9o4— Maxwell Jacob Friedman™️ (@The_MJF) February 11, 2021
Chris Jericho did end up seeing the locker room scene, however, what’s done is done. Le Champion anticipated this day would come but not so soon.
I can’t say I didn’t see this coming. I just can’t believe it actually happened tonight..... @AEW pic.twitter.com/XhusggBDjK— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) February 11, 2021
The rest of the original Inner Circle seems to want Sammy back. Jake Hager desires everyone to message Guevara to return to the crew. Santana and Ortiz were given hard truths on Sammy’s way out of the venue, as shown at the end of his vlog.
Sammy pointed out how Santana and Ortiz came to AEW as the best tag team in the world and they aren’t even the tag team of the group. Proud and Powerful’s reaction came across as something they already realized but did not want to acknowledge.
It wasn’t all bad last week for the Inner Circle. Hager shoved a camera into Austin Gunn’s face. That’s good for a laugh.
Cry me a River, It was the Judas in me. https://t.co/q7LUtTrdqc pic.twitter.com/fFUYRgx46Y— Jake Hager (@RealJakeHager) February 11, 2021
After Matt Hardy declared himself and Hangman Page to be an official tag team, Tony Khan booked them together against TH2.
Matt Hardy has stated that Hardy & Hangman, victorious in their tag debut, are now a full-time team. AEW GM @TonyKhan has granted Matt’s request to book them a tag match vs. TH2 tomorrow LIVE on #AEWDynamite to allow Hangman to settle unfinished business from -1’s birthday party! https://t.co/jQ1NRDpur8 pic.twitter.com/T8RXuq00d8— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) February 16, 2021
In case you missed it on Dynamite (I did while watching live), Hangman actually switched the contract behind Hardy’s back. Just don’t tell Hardy.
yall dont tell him, i hate a snitch https://t.co/lPIa36cRm7— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) February 11, 2021
Don Callis spewed backhanded praise for NJPW’s Bullet Club stable.
Following tonight's Falls Count Anywhere match on #AEWDynamite, AEW World Champ @KennyOmegamanX, @TheDonCallis, @MachineGunKA & @The_BigLG clear the air on comments made by Jay White, Tama Tonga, Bullet Club, #NewJapan & More— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) February 11, 2021
Watch Dynamite every Wednesday at 8pm on @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/78FKp6kkgN
In Coach’s Corner, Arn Anderson addressed his son, Brock, being in the audience last week. Brock was out there paying dues. He had a tryout match with John Skyler. About Lee Johnson’s win, Arn complimented Johnson’s tremendous aerial razzmatazz. Arn’s advice was to not get punked out and don’t stay down unless unconscious. After that win, Arn is now going to devote some time with Johnson to launch him to a different stratosphere.
#CoachsCorner Arn (@TheArnShow) breaks down @BigShottyLee Johnson's first win, and are we going see the next generation of the Anderson family soon?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) February 11, 2021
Watch #AEWDynamite every Wednesday at 8/7c on @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/90v0brAaLk
Coach’s Corner concluded with the message that Cody Rhodes has a slight tear in his left rotator cuff. His current status is to be determined.
Being the Elite
“Dior” - Being The Elite, Ep. 243 (here) featured:
- The SoCal crew was waiting in the airport to fly home, because the plane lost their pilot.
- Montage of moments in the recent Matt Hardy and Private Party relationship. After failing to win the Impact tag titles, Private Party left unanswered voice messages requesting Hardy to return their call.
- Alex Reynolds and John Silver were on the hunt to recruit Sting. They mistakenly found Luther and Serpentico instead.
- Brandon Cutler insulted Penelope Ford and Bunny with what I’m guessing were video game references.
- Dasha Gonzalez, Santana, Ortiz, and Sammy Guevara tracked down Alex Abrahantes and his Dark Order Kool-Aid. That led to a kung fu showdown. Vickie Guerrero acted as the motivational spirit to turn the tables for Dasha’s crew.
- Dark Order was confused about why Hangman Page chose Matt Hardy over them. They concluded that is was because they have small dicks.
- The Vicious Vixens held dance auditions and made it rain with their donation money.
- Cutler fell asleep in the airport lounge due to mark-olepsy.
- Sammy Guevara refused to defend the BTE Championship on BTE. The handstand competition took place on his vlog. 10 outlasted Sammy, Cutler, and Fuego del Sol, but it was revealed that 10 was actually Kris Statlander under the mask. Sammy retained his belt due to disqualification.
We’ll close with Jack Evans riffing rhymes about fan reaction downplaying TH2.