Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show has the “New Year’s Smash” theme and comes our way on tape from Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Florida (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Cody Rhodes defending the TNT championship against Ethan Page.
In addition to that title match, AEW is advertising a team Street Fight pitting Anna Jay & Tay Conti vs. Penelope Ford & The Bunny. There is also a scheduled match between Darby Allin and Anthony Bowens. Finally, there will be a “Technique by Taz” segment highlighting HOOK’s Redrum finishing move.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR DEC. 31
- Rampage opens with Darby Allin (w/Sting) vs. Anthony Bowens (w/Max Caster). Caster’s entrance rap includes calling Darby a little prick like the booster shot, and saying he has a daddy kink, referring to Sting.
- Darby crashes into the ring post and injures his arm mid-way through the match. Bowens works him over after that. Darby has trouble steadying himself on the top rope for the Coffin Drop due to the hurt arm, and Bowens crotches him due to the delay. Caster tries to get involved but Sting fights him off. Darby takes out both members of The Acclaimed with his suicide dive to the outside. Bowens falls victim to the Coffin Drop inside the ring. Darby Allin defeats Anthony Bowens.
- Andrade el Idolo comes out after the match, catching the attention of Sting and Darby. The Acclaimed attack Sting from behind with a boom box, and put Darby down with a chain-enhanced punch to the head.
- Technique by Taz covers several moves from HOOK’s arsenal. Taz caps it off with a breakdown of the Redrum, fka the Tazmission.
- Next up is the Street Fight: Tay Conti & Anna Jay vs. Penelope Ford & The Bunny
- They don’t waste any time getting into a chaotic brawl. Ford moonsaults to the outside onto a table with Conti laying on it. The table doesn’t break, but Ford’s knee catches Conti in the face. Anna Jay busts open Bunny with brass knuckles. Ford breaks a beer bottle over Conti’s skull. Jay suplexes Ford through multiple chairs inside the ring. Back from commercial break, Bunny falls back with Jay through a table. Bunny is a bloody mess, and brings thumbtacks into the ring. It backfires, with Anna Jay superplexing her onto the pile of tacks. Ford makes the save but gets her hands tacked in the process. Conti piledrives Ford off the apron through a table to the outside. The crowd is chanting ‘Holy shit!’ Bunny grabs the brass knuckles, but Jay wraps her own arm in barbed wire. Jay applies the Queen Slayer choke on Bunny, with an assist from the barbed wire. Bunny taps out! Anna Jay & Tay Conti defeat Penelope Ford & The Bunny.
- There is a video package hyping up the Hangman Page vs. Bryan Danielson world championship rematch on Dynamite next week on TBS.
- Mark Henry interviews Dan Lambert, Men of the Year, Cody Rhodes, and Arn Anderson ahead of the TNT title match main event between Rhodes and Page.
- Late in the match, Page kicks out of a Cross Rhodes. Cody isn’t taking any chance or letting up; he removes Page’s knee brace looking to do some serious damage. Page comes back with a slam on Cody from the top rope, but he can’t capitalize with an effective pin due to his injured knee. Cody avoids the Ego’s Edge and comes back with a Cody Cutter. Page kicks out of the pin attempt. Rhodes locks in the figure four leglock. Page turns it over to reverse the pressure, and Cody grabs the rope to break it up. Cody eventually catches Page in two Cross Rhodes and the Tiger Driver ‘98 for the win. Cody Rhodes defeats Ethan Page and retains the TNT championship.
- That was the last AEW match of 2021. Happy New Year, folks!