Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from the Curtis Cullwell Center in Garland (Dallas), Texas, (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features two different multi-man tag bouts. There’s an 8 man tag with Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, and Young Bucks vs. Orange Cassidy, Trent, Rocky Romero, and Chuck Taylor. There will be a 10 man tag with Lucha Bros, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz vs. Daniel Garcia, 2Point0, and The Acclaimed.
A submission match between Tay Conti and Penelope Ford is also booked for tonight, as well as the return of American Top Team’s Dan Lambert.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR DEC. 17
- Rampage kicks off with an 8 man tag team match pitting Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero, Trent?, and Chuck Taylor vs. Young Bucks, Bobby Fish, and Adam Cole.
- Adam Cole decided to tag out of the match early on rather than mix it up with a fresh Orange Cassidy. Cassidy grabbed Nick Jackson’s arm and walked the ropes, sticking his hand in his pocket, in the process. The heels eventually triple powerbombed Trent’s back onto the ring apron to take him out of the match. OC was then put down with a three way superkick. The Young Bucks continue to double team and dominate Cassidy in the ring. Cole tags in but gets kissed by Orange, who then tries to tag out, but his partners were pulled off the apron by the heels before he could make it there. Trent appears back on the apron and tags in. He’s on fire, taking out anyone and everyone, including Brandon Cutler. Romero and Trent land some of their double team moves on Jackson. The Best Friends hug and give the people what they want. Nick Jackson trips Trent on the buckle, and he lands neck first on it. The heels take over with a superkick, spinebuster, and flying Fish. Bobby Fish nails an Avalanche Falcon Arrow on Trent, but Orange Cassidy saves his partner. Most of the guys take turns diving on each other over the top rope, leaving Trent inside the ring to put Fish away with the Strong Zero. Orange Cassidy, Rocky Romero, Trent?, and Chuck Taylor defeat Young Bucks, Bobby Fish, and Adam Cole.
- Wheeler Yuta joins the babyfaces inside the ring for a 5 way hug, with Trent in the middle, to celebrate his successful return to the ring after a long time away on the injured list.
- Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page, and Dan Lambert are in the ring. Lambert calls the fans douchebags. He doesn’t know why everyone sucks up to two-faced Tony Khan. Lambert goes on about Khan being a con-man who gives preferential treatment to his friends like Cody Rhodes, and AEW is turning into a late 90’s version of WCW. He rips on Cody’s reality show, which brings out the American Nightmare without Arn Anderson.
- Cody grabs the mic from Lambert. Lambert grabs it back. Codu grabs it again. Men of the Year attack Cody, so Dustin Rhodes comes out to even the odds. Dustin intends to strike Lambert, but Sky and Page get him from behind. The Rhodes Bros are in trouble, but out comes TNT champ Sammy Guevara. He takes out the Men of the Year with a springboard cutter. The heels run away. Cody will challenge Guevara for the TNT title on Christmas night.
- We get some quick promos hyping up the next matches in the TBS Championship Tournament. Nyla Rose plans to throw Ruby Soho into the trash.
- Tay Conti vs. Penelope Ford in a Submission match is up next. Conti misses a pump kick and is yanked down to the mat. Conti recovers to grab Ford’s leg in a hold, but The Bunny helps Ford make the ropes. Ford can’t keep up with Conti’s arsenal, once again desperate to make the ropes on the next submission attempt. Ford gets the advantage with a bow and arrow stretch, but Tay elbows out of it. Conti is trying to wrench Ford’s shoulder out of the socket. The hold is broken after Bunny causes a distraction. Ford tries going for a Dragon Sleeper. Tay drags herself backwards to the ropes to break the hold. Conti lands a pump kick. It doesn’t take too much longer for Conti to choke out Ford for the win. Tay Conti defeats Penelope Ford.
- Afterwards, The Bunny knocks out Conti with brass knuckles. Anna Jay runs off the heels with a chair.
- Mark Henry interviews the 10 participants in the main event match, which is Eddie Kingston, Ortiz, Santana, Lucha Bros vs. Daniel Garcia, The Acclaimed, and 2point0.
- The babyfaces charge The Acclaimed on the ramp during Max Caster’s rap. The 10 men are brawling around the ring for a while before the bell finally rings to officially begin the match. Late in the match, Kingston tags in and goes right for Garcia, who he despises. 2point0 stop Eddie from causing destruction. Everyone takes turns doing their dives and whatnot at a frenetic pace. Garcia manages to roll up Kingston with a handful of trunks from behind for the upset win. Daniel Garcia, The Acclaimed, and 2point0 defeat Eddie Kingston, Ortiz, Santana, Lucha Bros.
- Anthony Bowens smashes Kingston in the head with a boombox after the match. Jurassic Express and Christian hit the ring to make the save. Jungle Boy grabs the AEW tag titles and slowly hands them over to the Lucha Bros. Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are the top ranked tag team, and it’s pretty clear they want the titles sooner than later.
- The show goes off the air with the commentators noting that Eddie Kingston is chasing down Daniel Garcia.