Tonight’s (Nov. 5) episode of AEW Rampage featured a “Face To Face” confrontation between CM Punk and Eddie Kingston. This came about after the frustrated Mad King interrupted Punk’s backstage interview last week.
The two men squared off in an epic promo battle, reminding everyone why these guys are two of the best talkers in the business. Kingston said he used to idolize Punk when he was breaking into the business, but Punk turned into a shithead real fast. Punk said he was a fool for expecting greatness from Kingston 15 years ago, and Eddie has fallen well short of the mark.
Kingston came back by saying nobody in the AEW locker room wants Punk there but they’re all afraid to say it. He challenged CM to a match at Full Gear. Punk noted that a Kingston match would be more appropriate for Elevation or Dark instead of pay-per-view. That led to Kingston saying he planned to send Punk home as a quitter again for the next seven years.
The Best in the World nailed Eddie with a quick headbutt after that, and a wild scene played out with a ton of people coming out to separate Punk and Kingston.
Here’s eight minutes from this must-see segment:
Tony Khan immediately made the match official for Full Gear on Sat., Nov. 13, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
AEW also booked a Falls Count Anywhere Match between Jurassic Express & Christian Cage vs. Adam Cole & The Young Bucks at Full Gear. That gives the following updated lineup for the PPV:
- Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hangman Page for the AEW World championship
- Dr. Britt Baker DMD (c) vs. Tay Conti for the AEW Women’s World title
- FTR vs. Lucha Bros (c) for the AEW Tag Team championship
- Bryan Danielson vs. Miro in the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament final
- CM Punk vs. Eddie Kingston
- Darby Allin vs. MJF
- Inner Circle vs. American Top Team in a 10 man Minneapolis Street Fight
- Christian Cage & Jurassic Express vs. Superkliq in Falls Count Anywhere
Did this epic promo segment sell you on Punk vs. Kingston at Full Gear, Cagesiders?
Follow along with the results for Rampage here.