Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way live from Chaifetz Arena in St. Louis, Missouri.
Tonight’s card features CM Punk and Eddie Kingston having a face-to-face confrontation, where Punk is looking for an apology after Kingston interrupted him last week. We will also see Red Velvet battle The Bunny in the final first round match of the women’s TBS Championship Tournament. Finally, Dark Order member John Silver will go one-on-one against Adam Cole of The Elite, assuming Cole is recovered after Christian’s attack two nights ago on Dynamite.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR NOV. 5
- The show kicks off with Bryan Danielson vs. Anthony Bowens in a singles match. This was Tony Khan’s punishment for The Acclaimed after they called Khan a bad boss.
- Max Caster with an indirect reference to John Laurinaitis and WWE releases during his entrance rap.
- Bryan Danielson defeats Anthony Bowens. The finish came when The American Dragon locked Bowens in the Lebell Lock and got the tap out victory.
- Dax Harwood challenges PAC to a match next week.
- CM Punk is in the ring for the Face to Face with Eddie Kingston. He calls Eddie out. Kingston doesn’t come out with his entrance music but marches to the ring shortly afterwards. Punk explains why he wants an apology. Kingston apologizes for being home sick thinking he had COVID. Kingston apologizes for robbing the world of CM Punk vs. Orange Cassidy. He plays the world’s smallest violin for the great CM Punk. Eddie says Punk used to be a hero of his, along with Samoa Joe, The Amazing Red, and Homicide. They inspired him when he broke into the business, but Punk turned into a low life bitch.
- He goes through a list of all the ways Punk turned into a shithead over the years. Punk says he held Eddie to a very high standard back then, but Kingston is the one who fell short of the mark. Kingston defends his record in the wrestling business and says he’s no bum. Nobody in the AEW locker room wants Punk here, but they’re afraid to say it. Kingston challenges Punk to a match at Full Gear. Punk accepts. Punk says Elevation or Dark would be more appropriate for Eddie. Punk appeals to the crowd and then accepts the challenge at Full Gear. Kingston says he doesn’t care about winning, he just wants to beat him up and get Punk to quit again and go home for seven years. They come to blows after that line and have to be separated by a ton of people.
- In a backstage interview, Christian Cage and Jurassic Express issue a challenge to Adam Cole & The Young Bucks for a Falls Count Anywhere match at Full Gear.
- Red Velvet defeats The Bunny in the final first round match of the TBS Championship Tournament. The finish came when Velvet nailed The Bunny with the Final Slice. Velvet will meet Jade Cargill in the next round. Cargill is sitting ringside and they jaw at each other.
- Mark Henry interviews Adam Cole and John Silver ahead of their main event match.
- Next week’s Dynamite includes Thunder Rosa, Tay Conti, and Anna Jay vs. Britt Baker, Reba, and Jamie Hayter. We’ll also see Matt Sydal and Lee Moriarty vs. Lio Rush and Dante Martin, Bryan Danielson vs. Rocky Romero, Dax Harwood vs. PAC, and a contract signing between Kenny Omega and Hangman Page.
- Silver begins the match by mocking Cole’s obsession with raising his arms in the air and saying his own name. Late in the match, the Young Bucks are chased away by the Dark Order. Silver blocks a low blow from Cole when the ref’s back is turned but he can’t put Cole away. Silver counters Panama Sunrise but runs into a superkick. Cole hits him with The Boom to win the match. Adam Cole defeats John Silver.
- Cole celebrates by himself in the ring as the show goes off the air.