Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Boston, Massachusetts (spoilers are here, if you’re interested - and if you are and chose to discuss them in the comments, please use the spoiler tag).
Tonight’s card features Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston in the World Title Eliminator Tournament. We will also see Britt Baker take on Abadon in a Trick or Treat match, as well as Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR OCT. 29
- The show begins with entrances for Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston in the semifinals of the World Title Eliminator Tournament.
- Bryan and Kingston exchange strikes in the corner in the early going. Kingston regroups on the outside and throws a chair at the ring in frustration. They go back to exchanging chops and kicks in the corner. It escalates to alternating headbutts in the middle of the ring. The crowd is heavily behind Eddie. Kingston butchers Bryan’s chest and bites at his head.
- Back from commercial, Kingston targets Bryan’s neck and suplexes him on the outside. Danielson fights off Kingston’s attempt at a superplex but Eddie comes back with a palm strike to the jaw. Bryan crotches Eddie on the top buckle and gives him a belly-to-back superplex. Bryan with some vicious elbows to Eddie’s head and then an armbar. Eddie comes back with a DDT. He eventually hits Danielson with the spinning backfist but he collapses and can’t follow up. He crawls over for the pin but Bryan catches him in a triangle choke. Eddie is trapped and getting pummeled with elbow strikes. He flips Bryan off and fades out of consciousness. Bryan Danielson defeats Eddie Kingston and advances to the final match of the World Title Eliminator Tournament at Full Gear.
- Eddie Kingston refuses to shake Danielson’s hand after the match.
- Tony Schiavone interviews CM Punk backstage. They talk about his perfect 5-0 record in AEW, and briefly mention his birthday and Halloween. Eddie Kingston interrupts with very angry words. Punk says he’ll put him right back to sleep. The two men are separated by security before any strikes are thrown.
- Next up is Matt Sydal vs. Dante Martin (with Lio Rush ringside). In the latter half of this one, Sydal was targeting Dante’s hamstring with kicks to keep him out of the air. Dante came back with elbows and a sunset flip for a near fall. The spring from his legs was still there when he landed a double stomp onto a standing Sydal to drive him down into the mat. Sydal came back with more leg kicks but his Lightning Spiral was countered by Martin. Dante then followed up with a double springboard moonsault for the win. Dante Martin defeats Matt Sydal. The commentators are crediting Lio Rush’s coaching for the win.
- Mark Henry does his pre-match interview for the main event of Britt Baker vs. Abadon. Not surprisingly, zombie Abadon doesn’t have much to say.
- The commentators run down the current card for next week’s Dynamite and Rampage shows. This includes Jon Moxley vs. Orange Cassidy, Cody Rhodes vs. Andrade, and Red Velvet vs. The Bunny.
- Britt Baker vs. Abadon in a No DQ Trick or Treat match is next. On commentary, Jericho says that Abadon being a zombie is not a gimmick, this is who she really is. The crowd chants “Spooky shit.”
- Baker’s thugs get involved to give her an unfair advantage. Baker goes for a swinging neckbreaker from the ring apron to a table on the floor below, but the table doesn’t break. Baker follows up with a suplex but the table still refuses to budge. Abadon does the zombie sit-up and grabs a mystery bag, which of course contains thumbtacks. Abadon slams Baker’s back onto the tacks. The zombie argues with the ref, which gives Britt the opening to attack with a steel chair. Abadon does the zombie sit-up again. Baker kicks her in the jaw, shoves tacks in her mouth, and kicks her in the head. Baker is hesitant to go for Lockjaw and for good reason, since her opponent is a zombie with thumbtacks in her mouth. Abadon bites Baker’s fingers. Reba and Jamie Hayter get involved again, which distracts Abadon. Baker rolls her up onto the tacks for the win. Britt Baker defeats Abadon.
- That’s the end of the show, folks.