Here’s a place to check results and comment along with a new episode of AEW Rampage, airing tonight at 10 pm ET on TNT.
The latest edition of AEW’s Friday night show comes our way on tape from Miami, Florida. Tonight’s card features the rematch between PAC and Andrade El Idolo. Elsewhere on the card, Britt Baker will have a singles match against Anna Jay, Orange Cassidy vs. Powerhouse Hobbs kicks off the first round of the World Title Eliminator Tournament, and the bracket for the TBS Women’s Championship Tournament will be revealed.
Come right back here at 10 pm ET when Rampage kicks off on TNT. We’ll update the post with everything that happens on the show below the line.
REMINDER: Please keep GIFs and pics to a minimum. They slow down updates and refreshes for some of your fellow community members.
Enjoy the show!
AEW RAMPAGE RESULTS FOR OCT. 22
- Rampage kicks off with the first match of the World Title Eliminator Tournament: Orange Cassidy vs. Powerhouse Hobbs
- OC’s ribs are taped up. Hobbs mauled Cassidy for the first several minutes, flattening him into the mat as the first commercial break approached. Hook’s ringside presence must have Cassidy hypnotized into submission. Hobbs catches OC’s flying crossbody from the top rope and puts him in the torture rack. Hobbs also catches OC right out of the Orange Punch, ramming him into the corner. The ref gets in Hobbs’ face after he refuses a clean break in the corner. Hobbs lifts the ref in the air and puts him down on the other side. As they bicker with each other, Cassidy sneaks behind to wrap Hobbs up in the mousetrap for the fluke pin. Orange Cassidy defeats Powerhouse Hobbs to advance in the World Title Eliminator Tournament.
- Penta El Zero M comes out for an in-ring interview with Tony Schiavone. Before he can get a word out, Penta spots two men in the front row wearing the same green luchador masks that FTR wore last week on Dynamite. Penta confronts them and rips the masks off, but it’s not Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler. That’s when FTR attacks Penta from behind and put the boots to him. They hold up the AAA and AEW tag titles. PAC runs them off for the save.
- Next up is Britt Baker vs. Anna Jay. Jay is trying to control the flow of the match by holding onto Baker’s vulnerable wrist. They both go for their finishers early on but to no avail. Jay gets the advantage with a Flatliner. Back from commercial break, Baker gets her Lockjaw glove on her hand, but Jay nails her with a DDT. Jay attempts a crucifix pin and transitions it into the Queen Slayer submission.Jamie Hayter creates a distraction which leads to the hold being broken. Baker comes back with a thrust kick and applies Lockjaw for the tap out victory. Britt Baker defeats Anna Jay.
- After the match is over, Baker puts Jay back in the Lockjaw. Tay Conti runs out and lays in a few shots on the champ. Baker gets out of Dodge, as Conti raises the AEW World women’s championship in the ring. She wants Baker’s gold.
- The bracket for the TBS Championship tournament was revealed, and can be seen here.
- The commentary team runs down the card for Dynamite tomorrow night and next week.
- Tony Schiavone fills in for Mark Henry by doing the split-screen interview before the main event between PAC and Andrade. Everyone is banned from ringside for this bout.
- Within the first minute of the main event, PAC is already going for german suplexes and flying over the top rope and crashing onto Andrade on the outside. Andrade returns the favor with a spinning springboard plancha right before the commercial break. Later on, PAC spikes Andrade with a flying cutter and then locks in the Brutalizer. Andrade reaches the ropes with his feet to break the hold. Andrade executed a lot of high risk offense in this one, but it bit him in the ass multiple times. PAC managed to crotch him on the buckle and hit an Avalanche Brainbuster. Both men countered each other’s holds at a furious pace and survived blow after blow, until PAC finally rolled Andrade up from the hammerlock for the win. PAC defeats Andrade.
- Immediately after the pin is counted, the lights go out. They come back on and Malakai Black is in the ring. He spits the mist at PAC and the two heels beat up the helpless Bastard. That’s when Arn Anderson walks down the ramp. The heels lock eyes with him as he mimes pulling out his glock and shooting them. Cody Rhodes emerges from behind them and clotheslines Andrade out of the ring. He then gets the better of Malakai and goes to smash him with a chair, but Black escapes from the ring as Rampage goes off the air.