Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s discussed Sean Waltman, Naomi & Liv Morgan as surprise entrants in this year’s Royal Rumble matches, per PW Insider.
- In talking about Roman Reigns’ Royal Rumble match, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that the original plan was a singles match with Randy Orton. But because some at WWE believe it was too early to have Reigns beat Orton because “there’s money to be made with Randy Orton and Roman in a program at some point”, AJ Styles & LA Knight were added so one of them can take the pin.
- It’s a prediction not a spoiler, but in his 2024 forecast Sports Business Journal’s John Ourand has Amazon securing media rights to WWE Raw. The reporter believes Raw would remain on Monday nights as part of a strategy to give Amazon Prime more live programming and draw the young male demographic to its service.
- If Amazon doesn’t pony up, Ourand could see Disney getting Raw rights and putting the show on FX.
- Giulia wasn’t happy that rumors of WWE’s interest in her leaked so far in advance of her Stardom deal ending this spring, per Fightful Select. She’s still a “potential priority acquisition” for WWE that’s expected to join the company later this year. Plans call for Giulia to start in NXT, unless she works outside the company with her own trainers to get main roster ready.
- In a report about WWE’s interest in partnering with Japanese promotions, Fightful Select didn’t have much new information but had multiple sources stress to them that “the company was in a new era and things could be done a lot differently.“
- WWE recently filed to trademark “Final Testament”. Speculation is this is for something related to the new Karrion Kross/AOP faction.
- Based on his LinkedIn, Shane Emerson has been promoted to AEW’s Vice President of Global Programming and Partnerships. His title had been “Head of Global Programming & Partnerships”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.