Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says they haven’t heard about Drew McIntyre signing a new deal with WWE just yet.
- They also say that while anything is possible, they have been told that Mercedes Mone is not the “big name” planned for TNA’s Hard to Kill event.
- Speaking of Mone, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that there are those in WWE who have speculated this could be like the situation with CM Punk where it’s denied everywhere and she is still a surprise at the Royal Rumble. However, she has been talked about by others as “Tony Khan’s counter punch to losing Andrade” and AEW “does expect her to start on TV soon.”
- While Nick Khan praised him in writing and during internal meetings after his departure, PW Insider says there’s a growing belief at WWE that Kevin Dunn resigned “because he felt disrespected and was a ‘Vince McMahon Guy’”.
- There were issues leading up Dunn giving noticing, and one source told Insider it was “getting uglier” even after he informed the company of his decision. Dunn is expected to keep working and is “looking into potential film and television projects”, but Insider doesn’t expect him to work for other wrestling companies.
- There were originally plans for the Continental Classic to include more time limit draws but Tony Khan ended up limiting that after feedback from others, according to the WON. However, the plan was always for it to come down to Eddie Kingston vs. Jon Moxley.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said PAC will be returning to AEW “soon.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.