Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE sources told PW Insider that there’s “absolutely nothing” to internet rumors that Triple H’s big announcement on Peacock later today will be a working agreement between WWE & TNA.
- While discussing the Roman Reigns program The Rock teased on Raw, Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said the reason Reigns started calling himself “The Head of the Table” and “The Tribal Chief” in the first place was to build to a planned WrestleMania 38 match with Rock.
- Per Meltzer, Rock turned down doing it at that show in Dallas to face Reigns at last year’s ‘Mania in Los Angeles, then had to cancel those plans in December of 2022. Meltzer now thinks the match will happen at WrestleMania 40, but hasn’t confirmed that.
- That Rock segment on Raw “went about seven minutes over”, according to Fightful Select.
- WWE is releasing new merchandise and collectibles this month to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hulkamania (recognized as starting when Hulk Hogan beat The Iron Sheik to win his first WWF title at Madison Square Garden on Jan. 23, 1984). That from WrestleVotes, which adds that “an appearance by Hogan is not out of the question but also not planned as of now.”
- Kamille is someone Haus of Wrestling’s sources say WWE is “super high” on. PW Insider was also told the long-reigning NWA Women’s champ is “is 100% on their radar”, with talk last month indicating she’d be assigned to NXT if signed.
- Regarding Patrick Clark’s apology video from earlier this week, Insider heard the former Velveteen Dream has been addressing “his personal issues” since his 2022 arrest and is “working towards making amends to a lot of people in his life”. Sean Ross Sapp tweeted that Clark is looking to do interviews about the video, and is said to be “willing to answer any questions and isn’t expecting softball questions.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.