Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful Select, Naomi is expected to return to WWE, and possibly “sooner rather than later.”
- PW Insider notes that Charlotte Flair will be getting knee surgery later this week and is expected to be out until around October.
- Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio said WWE may have changed their policy on blood in matches considering how Becky Lynch bleeding was handled on Raw this week.
- Sticking with Meltzer, he mentioned MJF is still debating what is the best route to take in regards to his shoulder injury but surgery may be necessary.
- According to PW Insider, there are no issues with Dragon Lee’s visa, it’s just that he didn’t get it in time due to the holidays and that’s why he missed “New Year’s Evil.” He’s expected back soon, possibly as soon as SmackDown this week.
- They also say X-Pac will be at the WWE Performance Center this week, though it’s unclear what he’ll be there for.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.