Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In addition to not being on Elimination Chamber next month in Australia, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that Roman Reigns isn’t going to work Backlash in France, either. Meltzer believes Reigns upcoming PLE schedule is the Rumble, WrestleMania, a summer Saudi show, and SummerSlam.
- Then Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp just happened to post on X that whenever he asks his WWE sources whether Roman is working a show, they reply “card subject to change”.
- “Brock Lesnar will be back on WWE television very soon,” according to F4wonline.com.
- Austin Theory is in medical protocol following the scary spot involving him & Carmelo Hayes on last Friday’s SmackDown, per WOR’s Bryan Alvarez. In the Observer’s Daily Update, Meltzer wrote that he had no update on if Hayes would be able to work his scheduled match on NXT tonight.
- Contrary to a previous prediction, media analyst Brandon Ross at Lightshed thinks Warner Bros Discovery will end up with rights to WWE Raw this fall. Ross believes this will be driven by WBD losing the NBA, and doesn’t necessarily mean AEW’s next deal won’t be with WBD.
- TNA had its largest gate in ten years last Saturday for Hard to Kill in Las Vegas, according to PW Insider. The site also said Sunday’s show had the former Impact’s “best live TV gate”, at least since Anthem bought the promotion in 2017 and possibly ever.
- Unsurprising then that Insider also heard morale at TNA was “through the roof after the weekend”.
- PW Insider has now heard that Trinity didn’t finish up with TNA yesterday and in fact has “several more dates” on her contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.