Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In her interview with the NY Post, Becky Lynch confirmed that she requested to work with Tegan Nox on the Sept. 18 Raw but was booked to defend the NXT Women’s title against Natalya instead.
- Jon Moxley’s concussion at Dynamite Grand Slam led to more than just an unplanned title change. Fightful Select says “a non-AEW wrestler” was going to come out and challenge Mox for a match at WrestleDream, but that was nixed when Fenix won the belt. The site hasn’t been able to confirm the identity of the “non-AEW wrestler”.
- Fightful also heard from several AEW wrestlers that while referee Rick Knox is well-liked, there’s “heavy heat” on him in the company from the Mox/Fenix match, especially since this isn’t the first time a wrestler wasn’t protected in one of his matches.
- Regarding yesterday’s note about heat on Serena Deeb, Fightful heard that stems from Deeb being “very vocal about her use on AEW TV, and especially the time that she was given” to the point her accusations that Tony Khan & other producers cut her time “entered the area of disrespect”.
- Deeb however has told people she’s injured and is working to get cleared. Those close to her didn’t deny the backstage heat story, but did say they haven’t heard it from Deeb.
- After Hulu changed the expiration date for its WWE content to next week, PW Insider wrote: “It would appear WWE and Hulu have come to terms, at least on a short term extenson on WWE content.”
- New Japan, MLW & CMLL started discussing their new strategic alliance in early July, per Fightful. Because of politics between AAA & CMLL, the move does mean MLW won’t be using AAA talent moving forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.