Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, BWE claims we shouldn’t rule out returns for some of the WWE releases “or upcoming releases.”
- Before he was released by WWE, Dolph Ziggler’s contract was set to run until next summer, per Fightful Select.
- Haus of Wrestling says that people at WWE “freaked out” when Mustafa Ali’s political gimmick resurfaced in NXT, as the character was dropped from SmackDown plans after people at FOX “expressed nervousness about Ali heading in that direction.”
- From the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: “Spanish newspaper AS reported that WWE is also working on a deal for Cristiano Ronaldo to appear at the 11/4 Crown Jewel show. There had been rumors in that direction previously after the merger was announced.”
- Fightful says Johnny Gargano was spotted at WWE Headquarters recently, though it’s unclear why exactly he was there.
- According to the Wrestling Observer, it looks like the WrestleDream pay-per-view on Oct. 1 in Seattle is on track to have “the lowest PPV audience since the pandemic” for AEW.
- Sami Callihan’s contract with Impact Wrestling is up at the end of the month, says Fightful. The belief at recent TV tapings, per PW Insider, is that he’s on his way out. They also say there’s already interest in him from “multiple companies” as not just a wrestler but for other roles as well.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.