Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, there have been “some rumblings over the last few days of a potential Nia Jax return” to WWE.
- Even though Triple H recently downplayed Vince McMahon’s role in WWE creative, Fightful Select says Vince was “heavily involved in ‘final say’ aspects of WWE creative” before his spinal surgery in July.
- On The Ryback Show, Ryback said he noticed five straight missed calls on his phone Friday morning from “a Stamford, Connecticut 203 number” that he “traced back to a Linda McMahon.” He also had a missed call from WWE headquarters that morning while he was out walking his dog. The Linda McMahon number called him three more times yesterday while he was in the shower.
- Per PW Insider, Sonya Deville is “highly regarded” within WWE and there is a lot of sympathy for her right now regarding her torn ACL. The site also heard “there is already a plan in place for the Women’s Tag Team titles.”
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that even though The Elite re-signed with AEW, “there do remain significant behind-the-scenes issues that haven’t been settled, between them and CM Punk, which keeps [Tony] Khan having to do a balancing act.”
- Insider mentions that WWE brought in former Impact and NWA champion Nick Aldis to last night’s Raw taping “for a potential producer role.” He will also be at several upcoming tapings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.