Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Asked about Goldberg appearing for AEW at All In next Sunday by McGuire on Wrestling, Dave Meltzer said he hasn’t heard that’s happening but it’s “not out of the realm of possibility.”
- In a tweet earlier this week, RVD hinted that WWE gave him permission to work Dynamite last Wednesday.
- Rikishi tweeted that the autograph signing advertisement that seemed to spoil his guest referee role at WWE Payback was a “promoter mistake”.
- Nigel McGuinness “has been taking measures to try to return to the ring”, according to Fightful. They were unable to confirm whether the former Ring of Honor champion & current AEW Collision announcer has been cleared.
- Ace Steel was told he can’t be present at AEW shows because he’s considered an “insurance risk” post-Brawl Out, per Fightful Select. The site also heard his contract runs through fall 2024 and allows him to seek work outside AEW.
- Cathy Corino, aka Allison Danger, worked last Saturday’s Ring of Honor tapings as a producer. That’s from PW Insider, which noted they don’t know if it was a tryout for the indie veteran and former WWE NXT coach or if she’s already been hired.
- Earlier this month WWE filed trademarks on “Barely Legal”, “Hardcore Heaven”, “Massacre on 34th Street”, and “Cyberslam”. Beyond those old ECW show names, they’ve also applied for trademarks on “Trish Stratus”, “Ikemin Jiro”, and “THE NEW DAY: FEEL THE POWER”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.