Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select heard that Bray Wyatt is finally getting “closer” to being medically cleared. At one point, the illness he’s been dealing with was both career and life-threatening.
- One source said some creative ideas for Wyatt have been pitched for a potential WWE return in September.
- Regarding Kairi Sane leaving Japan to return to WWE, Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said, “There is more to the story, and it probably won’t come out until 2024.”
- Meltzer mentioned that a trios match of Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli, and Wheeler Yuta vs. Orange Cassidy, Eddie Kingston, and “someone else” is rumored for AEW: All In London at Wembley Stadium.
- On his Talk is Jericho podcast, Chris Jericho said Tony Khan was “mad” that his match against Jon Moxley at Quake at the Lake was not rated five stars by Dave Meltzer, and instead only received 4.75 stars.
- It looks like the Oct. 27 and Nov. 24 episodes of WWE SmackDown will be moved to FS1 due to sports coverage on FOX. The Nov. 3 episode might also be bumped to FS1 if the MLB World Series reaches Game 6.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.