Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, BWE claims Bray Wyatt’s return to WWE is “very near.” They claim “he’s been around a few times” and “plans are there for his return.” Apparently the discussion for the return is SummerSlam.
- PW Torch says Vince McMahon has grown into a fan of LA Knight. They also echo recent talk of a big push coming for him soon.
- More on Knight: In response to word going around that he has issues backstage, BWE said that’s not true and “he’s one of the most reliable talents.”
- PW Insider says COVID-19 precautions led to some talent not being used on SmackDown but the card wasn’t changed around too much. Notably, a planned Iyo Sky vs. Zelina Vega match was changed to Sky vs. Charlotte Flair.
- NXT’s recent ratings surge led to some there “pushing for the idea of doing numbers that beat Dynamite,” according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.