Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to BWE, WWE is strongly considering a “baby face Latino champ” right now.
- BWE also says that LA Knight’s “new push” will begin after SummerSlam.
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter states there is no hiring freeze in WWE. However, even though WWE has discussed signing Brian Pillman Jr., it’s seen as “less likely” to happen until after the Endeavor deal is officially finalized.
- The Observer says RUSH has also been “talked about a lot in WWE given his contract situation,” but the belief is he has “a very strong AEW offer to stay.”
- Free agent Nick Aldis “is said to be interested in both AEW and WWE,” per WON.
- Undertaker will be in Detroit during SummerSlam weekend, PW Insider has confirmed. WWE & Taker don’t currently have any of his 1 DeadMAN SHOWs planned in Detroit that weekend.
- The Observer notes that due to long travel times in Canada and other delays, “very little was planned out” for the 58 minute match between FTR and Bullet Club Gold on AEW Collision. The wrestlers “felt they were not prepared to do an hour match” and “there was an attempt to get the match moved back.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.