Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select indicates that Roman Reigns’ 1000 day celebration on tonight’s SmackDown might include the unveiling of a new WWE Universal championship, based on internal memos within WWE.
- In an update on Braun Strowman’s injury situation, PW Insider notes that he was spotted in Birmingham, Alabama earlier this week. There’s a belief that surgery might be necessary.
- According to BWE, IYO SKY is a “strong candidate” for the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match, while LA Knight is still a “top candidate” for the men’s match.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer claims that AEW would have added the new Collision show to its weekly lineup even if Tony Khan never intended to bring CM Punk back.
- Sources told WrestleVotes that YouTube star Logan Paul is expected to be booked on both Money in the Bank and SummerSlam.
- As of a few weeks ago, Moose’s contract with Impact Wrestling was set to expire in June, per Fightful Select.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.