Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer claims that “Rampage will turn into what Dark and Dark Elevation were” after AEW Collision begins airing on Saturday nights. That means Rampage will “showcase younger talent.”
- The WON also says Dynamite and Rampage will be taped together on Wednesdays, with Collision and ROH being taped together on Saturdays.
- Matt Cardona is done at Impact right now, per Fightful Select. He had been working on a handshake deal for the past two years and hoped to continue doing so, but the company wanted to put pen to paper. There are no hard feelings and both sides are willing to work together in the future, but Impact is trying to get away from verbal agreements and Cardona isn’t interested in inking a deal.
- Meltzer says before NXT wrestler Sol Ruca was badly injured, the plan was to push her in a babyface tag team with Dani Palmer. They were going to win the NXT tag titles within a few months.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez said he “heard rumors” that AEW has sold 65,000 tickets thus far for All In at London’s Wembley Stadium on August 27.
- While discussing IYO SKY’s lack of promo time in WWE, Freddie Prinze Jr. said on his podcast that WWE once told Drew McIntyre (very early in his career) that he needed to lose his Scottish accent.
- The Observer also notes that AEW wrestler Komander “has been doing a worked injury spot on some of his indie dates of late.” It sounds like he was advised to focus more on preserving his body now that he’s under contract and making good money.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.