Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer says there is currently a “big internal focus” in WWE to get younger talent on Raw and SmackDown.
- According to PW Insider, Vince McMahon did not make the trip to Saudi Arabia for WWE Night of Champions even though an office was set up for him there. Triple H will be running the show.
- BWE says WWE is discussing the idea of opening Night of Champions with the World Heavyweight Championship tournament final, and closing the show with Roman Reigns’ tag team title match.
- The Observer mentioned that the injury suffered by Aussie Open’s Mark Davis was a torn meniscus, and there is hope that he can return in four to six weeks. Fightful claims that Tony Khan paid for Mark’s surgery before Aussie Open signed with AEW.
- WRKD Wrestling notes that Chad Gable is “on the list” of wrestlers being considered for the Money in the Bank ladder match on July 1 in London.
- Tegan Nox is slated to return to WWE television after Night of Champions, per BWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.