Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select says GUNTHER’s plans at WrestleMania 39 have been set dating all the way back to December of last year.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter mentions that WWE’s “working idea” is to keep this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony shorter than in past years.
- The Observer says “the idea Vince [McMahon] has no involvement at all” in WWE creative is likely not true.
- Andrew Zarian said on the “Mat Men” podcast that Forbidden Door 2 is “definitely happening” and it will likely be on June 25.
- Fightful notes the recent TNT championship victories for Darby Allin, Wardlow, and Powerhouse Hobbs were all planned out months ahead of time.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.