Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Following up on the story of Andrade’s AEW contract expiring soon, Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez confidently stated, “This guy wants to go back to WWE and his wife.”
- For what it’s worth, Alvarez did “ask around” about the rumor of Bryan Danielson fining AEW wrestlers based on social media conduct, and he concluded that “people don’t seem to have heard that.”
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer chimed in by saying Danielson is “on the [disciplinary] committee, but he’s not the guy doing it.”
- Regarding Vince McMahon’s current role in WWE, Meltzer claims that Vince is “not making the final decisions on anything, actually.” That includes Vince’s previous rule about not advertising on WWE ring mats, which is now “thrown out.”
- Fightful Select heard that AEW star Kyle O’Reilly has been backstage of late and it looks like he could return to TV.
- The site was also told that the people currently behind the masks on TV in AEW’s mystery angle with The Devil are still the same ones who are planned for the actual reveal.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.