Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In talking about contract situations, Fightful Select notes that Alexa Bliss’ has a deal “at least through 2023.” It could be extended due to missing so much time, however.
- On the same subject, Randy Orton’s deal was initially set to expire in the fall of 2024 but he’s likely also had time added on for how much time he missed as well.
- “One major star” in WWE told the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE better book Roman Reigns vs. CM Punk “within six months” due to all of the uncertainty surrounding Punk and the constant drama that followed him around in AEW.
- According to the WON, MJF’s torn labrum “is said to be worse” than the one he suffered in 2020. MJF believes he can “do careful matches or smoke & mirror matches” prior to his scheduled match against Samoa Joe at AEW Worlds End on Dec. 30.
- Adam Pearce’s new on-screen role mirrors a change that was made behind-the-scenes, according to Fightful. He had produced matches for Raw & SmackDown as well as serving as authority figure on both shows, but around the time he was officially made Raw General Manager his producer role became exclusive to Raw as well.
- The Observer on Raw’s next TV deal: “The were hoping for $400 million but analysts believe it’ll be closer to $387 million per year. For most of the negotiation period the idea was FX as the leader, with Netflix, USA, WBD and Amazon Prime all being talked about.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.