Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, Zelina Vega has “come to terms wth WWE and signed a new multi-year deal with the company.”
- Metro.co.uk says WWE NXT will no longer air on TNT Sports in the United Kingdom. Starting with next week’s New Year’s Evil episode, the only way for fans in the United Kingdom to watch NXT will be to stream it as a subscriber to WWE Network.
- Fightful Select heard there was a “tentative idea” earlier this year for Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland to fight each other when they were paired together in AEW’s Blind Eliminator Tag Team Tournament.
- The site also mentioned that Vince McMahon was not at WWE’s New York City house show at Madison Square Garden earlier this week.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer heard that a surprising number of fans left the MSG house show after CM Punk’s return match was over, instead of staying through intermission and watching the final matches of Cody Rhodes vs. Shinsuke Nakamura and Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre.
- Meltzer says the main event match of Rollins vs. McIntyre was “very rushed.” They had to ”cut a lot of stuff out” due to time constraints after the early part of the show ran long.
- Following WWE’s DVD release of Survivor Series 2023 this week, Insider said it’s “the final WWE DVD set to be released.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.