Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s Dec. 26 house show at Madison Square Garden was not only a sellout, Fightful Select’s WWE sources told them it was the highest grossing domestic non-televised event in the company’s long history.
- Unsurprisingly then, the site reports WWE officials were “pleased with the buzz that the MSG show got in general.” Fightful also pointed out the merchandise stands were stocked with CM Punk merchandise, another sign his return has been a big success for the company.
- As you can tell from their online outlets, WWE had cameras filming in the Garden and Fightful was told parts of the show could end up on television.
- Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp also posted that Tuesday night’s Baltimore show was the highest grossing non televised WWE event in that market’s history.
- In another story about the large number of stars whose WWE contracts are coming up in 2024, Fightful said Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, and Big E are all expected to be signed through next year after injury time was added to the five-year contracts they signed in 2019.
- WWE’s been selling Ken Shamrock merchandise online, leading to speculation he could be headed to the Hall of Fame now that Triple H has final say on all inductees.
- Former NWA Women’s champ Kamille gave notice to the promotion in October, per Fightful Select. She declined a a six month option which included a pay increase and will be leaving when her contract expires on Jan. 1.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.