Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For what it’s worth, Goldberg told the Steve & Captain Evil podcast that he has tried to be a part of Sting’s retirement match at AEW Revolution next year.
- According to Fightful Select, Omos hasn’t had “many creative pitches thrown his way” and the feeling on him from their sources is he can be used as an attraction.
- Fightful also says El Phantasmo heavily hinted to them that his contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling will be up on Jan. 31, 2024.
- Regarding Dana Massie’s exit from AEW, Nick Hausman mentioned on his Rumor and Innuendo podcast that “there were a lot of talent upset for a long time about merchandising.”
- Satnam Singh told the Hindustan Times, “We are planning to bring AEW to India and expose it here so that the people in this country know what it is.”
- For what it’s worth, Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer doesn’t think the potential merger of Warner Bros. Discovery and Paramount will play a factor in whether WWE Raw or AEW end up on WBD with their next TV deals.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.