Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- During an interview on Wrestling with Rip Rogers, Ace Steel’s lawyer Stephen P. New stated that Steel and CM Punk will never tell the story of what happened in the backstage fight with The Elite at All Out 2022, because the non-disclosure agreements are in place for life.
- The lawyer claims that Steel’s wife Lucy is not bound by an NDA, so she is the only person who can talk about what happened.
- This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that the WWE Hall of Fame falls “under creative,” which means Triple H is in charge of it for the first time for the 2024 class. He will have to “sign off on everyone” that is inducted in the upcoming class.
- According to Fightful Select, WWE is “engaged in talks” with Cody Rhodes for a long-term contract extension. This has been a top priority for the company ever since Endeavor’s purchase of WWE became official in September.
- PW Insider says Charlotte Flair is scheduled for surgery in early January, so it looks like her estimated return to WWE is around October 2024.
- Insider mentions that WWE’s “tentative” plan for Xavier Woods is to be “back on the road within the first two weeks of January.”
- AEW has “never made a serious play” to sign Stardom wrestler Giulia, per WON. There have been no conversations between AEW and Giulia, so she will either stay in Japan or go to WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.