Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- “Word within the industry” is that Mercedes Moné’s asking price is more than what Charlotte Flair got on her new WWE contract, per Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp. Flair’s deal is said to be one of the richest for a woman in WWE history.
- Flair’s contract was inked before Dominik & Rey Mysterio’s, according to Fightful Select. That makes it the first deal done under TKO.
- Speaking of Rey, Haus of Wrestling says his new deal is for three years. The site also heard that the 49 year old Mysterio plans to wrestle for the duration of the contract.
- WWE signed collegiate wrestler Copeland Barbee for NXT, PW Insider reports. The 23 year old attended a tryout at the Performance Center earlier this year.
- The company also filed a trademark for “WWE Speed”, which is the name of the new concept they debuted at last Friday’s SmackDown taping.
- AEW abandoned their attempt to trademark “East West Express”, which was Nick Wayne & Jordan Oliver’s tag team name on the indies.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.