Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Charlotte Flair recently signed a new contract with WWE, according to Fightful Select, and it is “one of the highest paid deals to a woman in WWE history.”
- Along those same lines, Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that he was told WWE “is looking at long term deals with greatly increased compensation” right now because they “don’t want free agents right now.”
- MJF recently told the SI Media Podcast that he has yet to sign a new deal with AEW. When asking higher ups at WWE about it, Haus of Wrestling said their sources believe it’s a storyline and/or he may have re-signed with AEW even all the way back in 2022.
- Per WrestleVotes, WWE and the NHL have made a deal to do commemorative championship titles for each team much like the titles WWE did with the NFL.
- PW Insider notes that Xavier Woods is “banged up” and that’s why he didn’t appear on Monday Night Raw this week. He’s “been taken off the road to heal up.”
- William Regal will be able to appear on WWE television soon, with the one-year clause preventing as much as a condition to his being let out of his AEW contract coming up, so fans have wondered if he will show up on TV again. On WOR, Meltzer said he hasn’t heard anything about it as of right now.
- Meltzer also said TNA has “earmarked some money” for a “big free agent” signing, although it’s unclear who that could be.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.