Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rumor & Innuendo’s Nick Hausman heard from CM Punk’s camp that Warner Bros. Discovery and its CEO David Zaslav “really love him and see him as a factor” in opening the door between WBD and WWE for negotiating Raw’s next TV deal.
- However, multiple people in WWE told Hausman “there’s no way CM Punk has this kind of clout with Warner Bros. Discovery” where his AEW exit would be the impetus for WBD to part ways with AEW.
- Both the Wrestling Observer and PW Insider are saying Charlotte Flair suffered a torn ACL, a torn MCL, and a torn meniscus during her match with Asuka on SmackDown recently. Insider says there is also a belief that she suffered a strained neck in the fall as well. She’ll be getting surgery very soon.
- According to Fightful Select, Dexter Lumis is not injured but he hasn’t been at many tapings while waiting for a creative direction.
- Fightful also says that at one point Odyssey Jones was pitched to join the Bobby Lashley/Street Profits stable but that obviously never went anywhere.
- Sean Ross Sapp noted on X that rumors of Kazuchika Okada hiring Barry Bloom as his agent for free agency are “nowhere near official” but that he wouldn’t be surprised if that is ultimately what happens.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.