Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp heard that Kenny Omega “had been ill throughout the last week,” including before his match on AEW Collision against Ethan Page. Omega was later hospitalized and diagnosed with diverticulitis after seeking medical attention.
- Sapp also mentioned that the once-rumored working plans between AEW and Mercedes Moné are “no longer working plans.”
- BWE followed that up by posting some lyrics to Sasha Banks’ theme song, which has increased speculation that The Boss is on her way back to WWE.
- After the use of a car windshield during the latest Devil attack on AEW Dynamite led to renewed speculation it’s Jack Perry under the mask, Fightful Select was told by one “high level” source that they don’t believe Perry is involved in the Devil angle. It was also noted that even though his suspension is up, Perry hasn’t been seen backstage since All In.
- The site also noted that Hangman Page will be off television for a little while to sell the attack.
- After Umaga’s son Zilla Fatu tweeted “Stay tuned” along with several pictures taken backstage at this week’s Dynamite (including a version of the “Triple H point” pic with Tony Khan), there’s lots of speculation Roman Reigns, Solo Sikoa & The Usos’ cousin could be AEW bound.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.