Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer generated a lot of speculation about Raw’s next television contract when he posted on X that “things changed greatly with Raw negotiations from a few weeks ago. And Punk is a huge part of the selling point.”
- There was “a massive genuine excitement” at the WWE Performance Center when CM Punk “surprised everyone” by showing up and working with wrestlers on Tuesday, according to PW Insider. The site also says Punk was there “training and holding court with NXT talents” yesterday as they taped upcoming shows.
- Regarding Ibou of WrestlePurists saying that Punk’s ultimate goal is to take over NXT from Shawn Michaels, a WWE source told Fightful Select “that would be a long way off,” as there are currently no plans “for Michaels to wrap up his run in NXT any time soon.”
- Ibou & Fightful noted that Punk was also observing all aspects of TV production at the PC, “something that he was known to do in OVW, and would often bend Paul Heyman’s ear about.”
- Former WWE writer Brian Gewirtz responded to an aggregated report saying Raw’s CM Punk/Seth Rollins segment didn’t have a producer listed on an internal document to clarify that didn’t mean they weren’t scripted: “When there’s no physicality, there’s no producer assigned to segment. Been that way forever. Doesn’t mean there’s not a writer working with talent.”
- AEW had a talent meeting planned for their Dec. 3 Collision but cancelled it for unknown reasons, per Fightful. It’s not clear when it will be rescheduled.
- In addition to his recent filing for “Jungle Boy”, this week Jack Perry filed for trademarks on “Jurassic Express” and “A Boy and His Dinosaur”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.