Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select says CM Punk was backstage at NXT this week and giving talent feedback on matches for their show this week. Meanwhile, WrestlePurists claims “Punk’s long term goal is to succeed Shawn Michaels in NXT.”
- SEScoops claims they have a source within WWE who told them there have been no talks between the company and Mercedes Mone about a new deal, and there have been no creative talks about her.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer reiterated that Sami Zayn asked for time off and that’s why he was announced as having an injury. Having said that, he also revealed the injury could very well be legitimate but either way he asked for the time off and it was granted.
- Meltzer also speculated that WWE could do GUNTHER vs. Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 40, now that the current Intercontinental champion is over enough for such a match.
- For what it’s worth, Trent Seven told Cultaholic that he was “incredibly close” to signing with AEW at one point but it fell through.
- PW Insider notes that “there is a lot of happiness among talents in MLW” after they heard about the settlement with WWE. They also say Court Bauer told the locker room that announcements are coming, and they plan to run shows more often in 2024.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.